Loyola MAMS 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allstar897

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I recently applied to the Loyola MAMS program and I wanted to start the thread going. Anyone else applied yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!

I recently applied to the Loyola MAMS program and I wanted to start the thread going. Anyone else applied yet?
Hi! New member here. I'm highly interested in applying to both Loyola MAMS & MSMP. Did you apply with an mcat or gre score? I had to cancel my mcat in Sept & really don't want to take the gre. Not sure if I can apply without a score.

Hi! New member here. I'm highly interested in applying to both Loyola MAMS & MSMP. Did you apply with an mcat or gre score? I had to cancel my mcat in Sept & really don't want to take the gre. Not sure if I can apply without a score.

Hi! I applied with an MCAT score, but for MAMS my score was a point lower for the cutoff, so hopefully that doesn’t negatively affect my app. I think youre required to have to apply with a score as far as I’m concerned but it has to reach a certain threshold. Honestly if you can I would take the GRE if you’re scoring within that threshold I would unless you’re confident in your MCAT score

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
HI! I just applied with a GRE score. Can I ask if you guys have heard back yet?

Did anyone else get waitlisted or know when they start to look at waitlists?

Did anyone else get waitlisted or know when they start to look at waitlists?
I applied to both MAMS and MSMP and my application was complete 01/25, but I haven't heard back yet. But looking through past forums it sounds like they go through the waitlist after the July deadline to apply.

I applied to both MAMS and MSMP and my application was complete 01/25, but I haven't heard back yet. But looking through past forums it sounds like they go through the waitlist after the July deadline to apply.
Ok thank you! I actually emailed them and they said they look at applications in rounds and that they will let me know if I make it in the next round (march/april). Let me know if anyone else is in the same position!

Ok thank you! I actually emailed them and they said they look at applications in rounds and that they will let me know if I make it in the next round (march/april). Let me know if anyone else is in the same position!
That's super interesting...so they won't be looking at any other apps until March/April?

So I received an email from Dr.Denning today for a Zoom interview this week - anyone in the same boat? SUper nervous but also excited about it. I can't seem to find any info on the interviews from previous MAMS threads so any insight is super useful!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
That's super interesting...so they won't be looking at any other apps until March/April?
No I think that just means that's the next time they'll look at waitlist I'm pretty sure? but congrats on the interview!! I didn't know there was an interview process

Members don't see this ad :)
No I think that just means that's the next time they'll look at waitlist I'm pretty sure? but congrats on the interview!! I didn't know there was an interview process
Wow, so my bad - I confused all the different programs I had applied to. I had an interview for the BMB MS program at Loyola. I have not yet heard from MAMS or MSMP though...

Wow, so my bad - I confused all the different programs I had applied to. I had an interview for the BMB MS program at Loyola. I have not yet heard from MAMS or MSMP though...
Gotcha. so quick question, I'm applying for MSMP this weekend but you know how MAMS asked for a personal statement and a statement of purpose. Did you have a statement of purpose or anything about why you wanted to go to the MSMP program specifically? I'm deciding whether to just submit the same application or edit it a little

Gotcha. so quick question, I'm applying for MSMP this weekend but you know how MAMS asked for a personal statement and a statement of purpose. Did you have a statement of purpose or anything about why you wanted to go to the MSMP program specifically? I'm deciding whether to just submit the same application or edit it a little
My personal statement was very focused on why I wanted to become a doctor and what drove me to the medical field, but at the very end, I added a short paragraph explaining how/why the MSMP program would prepare me to be a successful med student and future physician.

My personal statement was very focused on why I wanted to become a doctor and what drove me to the medical field, but at the very end, I added a short paragraph explaining how/why the MSMP program would prepare me to be a successful med student and future physician.
ah gotcha my personal statement is already 2 pages (should probs be shorter) so idk how to fit it but thanks!

Has anyone been accepted to the MSMP program? Still waiting to hear back! If anyone has, can you tell me your stats/when your app was complete and accepted? just curious and nervous about it

So I was planning on taking the MCAT in January but my plans changed due to the cancellations from COVID. I now plan on taking the MCAT on June 18th and I wanted to ask if anyone knows if applying to the program at this point is futile. I saw on the Loyola MAMS webpage that the deadlines have been extended to August, but would I be applying too late if I sent my application in around July 18th??

Hi! I just got accepted into the porgram on Friday! My app was completed and sent over to the admissions committee on May 7 and I heard back on May 21st! I took the GRE instead of the MCAT and my overall GPA was a 3.55. Let me know if you have any questions!
Hi! I also just got accepted into MSMP on Monday!! exciting!

So I was rejected from MSMP last month and then got an email today from MAMS saying that I could transfer my MSMP application to MAMS... Somehow I didn't even know about MAMS--can anyone clarify why you prefer one over the other?

Does anyone know if there are still any spots left for the MSMP and MAMS programs?

Does anyone know if there are still any spots left for the MSMP and MAMS programs?
I emailed Dr. Franks and she told me there was a few seats left!

Hi can anyone who has enrolled in classes tell me how many seats are left? I saw in last year's thread that the number is visible when you register for classes. Trying to submit my application on Monday and am very worried. Have already sent in my transcripts and everything else.

Also I'm a little confused about the application? It says on the website that we need to include both a personal statement and a statement of purpose, but the application only has room for one of the two...

Also I'm a little confused about the application? It says on the website that we need to include both a personal statement and a statement of purpose, but the application only has room for one of the two...
Have you applied to med school beforehand? I just submitted my AMCAS for my personal statement. The personal statement is the reason you want to be a doctor and the statement of purpose is more how is MAMS going to get you there! Hope this helps!

I have not yet applied to medical school, but I do have a personal statement written. Thank you for the clarification!

Hi! I got accepted into the MAMS program this fall and I'm a little lost for what to do for housing. It doesn't seem that there's a facebook group or anyone to ask, can someone tell me what they did for housing? Thank you!!