Loyola MAMS Chicago Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChaChaDocta

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm looking for anyone else planning to attend Loyola MAMS in August 06 who might be interested in finding an apartment together near the LakeShore campus in Chicago. On Roommates.com, you can find me under Aurora4. I'll check this post and on the Roommate site too. It'd be great to meet any of you before the program starts!
Best Wishes,
Aurora

Members don't see this ad.

ChaChaDocta said:
Hey, I'm looking for anyone else planning to attend Loyola MAMS in August 06 who might be interested in finding an apartment together near the LakeShore campus in Chicago. On Roommates.com, you can find me under Aurora4. I'll check this post and on the Roommate site too. It'd be great to meet any of you before the program starts!
Best Wishes,
Aurora

im 99 percent sure im going to loyola too, but i haven't even tackled the housing thing... and im still kind of holding things off for now in terms of apartment search since im on waitlists. i might be doing kind of a last minute search, but im not sure. but if you still need someone later on, ill check in with you :)

I m really really considering going to loyola mams.......waiting to hear back from them. I hope and think i will get in. Already got into RFU, but i think i would go to loyola over rfu.

Anyone have any idea of housing costs and locations? Any links to websites?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm definitely going to the MAMS program, and I'm looking for housing too. I called this apartment search place, and prices seem pretty reasonable for Chicago. There also seem to be a bunch of apartments in the area, Rogers Park. I've looked on Craig's List. There's also apparently a MAMS blog, and someone posted a bunch of info:
http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=19456826&postID=113337222129204482

Hi all, I've since found great housing with a great roommate... After scouring the city for the best options, my advice is this: the Lakeshore area is best, anywhere near the redline. Wrigleyville is amazing, young, lively, attractive area, whereas Rogers Park is much more quiet and 100% residential. I guess it depends what you're looking for. DON'T even attempt to look south of downtown or anywhere more than a mile west of the lake. There's shady areas out there.... meanwhile there's thousands of student friendly apartments within the few miles south of the Lakeshore campus, and the redline El (elevated train) drops you right on campus.

Online housing sites only tell you so much, I've found that stepping foot on the premises often reveals what the websites were hiding... The best part about the Lakeshore/Rogers park area is that you can walk around for 10 minutes in any given residential area, and pass 20 For Rent signs, most of which are not listed online. You could easily find a place in a day if you aren't too terribly picky if you go M-Th and call the landlord's numbers, the vast majority of them were super nice, prompt, and helpful.

If you have any questions, about housing or about the program, feel free to PM me, I'll be happy to answer as best as I can. :)

Hello, I am most likely going to Loyola MAMS this August. I am looking for possible roommates and a place to live. If anybody is interested please email me. I just graduated from Cornell University but went to high school in the Chicago area. I am a pretty neat person and do not smoke. Please email me if you know of anything or are interested. I am on a waitlist still so it may be pretty last minute. Thanks.

[email protected]

Would any of you be interested in a roommate for entering class of FALL 06 MAMS LOYOLA? I am looking for a roommate to share rent with and live nearby or along the red line. email me if you or somebody you know in the MAMS program still needs to find a place to stay or a roommate. Thanks!
-Sam

Last edited:
sjbucaro said:
Would any of you be interested in a roommate for entering class of FALL 06 MAMS LOYOLA? I am looking for a roommate to share rent with and live nearby or along the red line. email me if you or somebody you know in the MAMS program still needs to find a place to stay or a roommate. My email address is s j b u c a r o @ g m a i l . c o m. Thanks!
-Sam
Hey you,
I'm looking for studio apartment, but I am interested in living in an area with a lot of MAMS students so I have a sense of companionship. I know ChaChaDocta's living near Addison stop on redline in Wrigleyville. What about everyone else??
Just for reference, I'm probably either living in Wrigleyville or near campus. I'm scoping out apartments this weekend actually.

I've been accepted into MAMS, not sure if I'll be going there or not but if you're still looking for housing a great place is craigslist.com, make sure to type in loyola in the search box.