Loyola MAMS vs MSMP

Started by Drtssg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Drtssg

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know what the differences are in these programs? Particularly in terms of any linkage they have to Loyola's Medical School.

I remember reading if you get a 3.5 and 30 at MAMS, you get an automatic interview at Loyola? Is that also true for the MSMP program?

It looks like MSMP is newer and also taught by medical school faculty.

Thanks for the help!
 
I'd also like to know this as I applied to both of them. I think there's a decent amount of information about the MAMS program out, however, I haven't been able to find much about the MSMP program. Anyone who's a current or past student in the MSMP have any information to share with us? 🙂
 
I recently talked to the director of the MSMP program. They do offer the same guaranteed interview as the MAMS program. They have classes taught by Stritch professors. And they have a professional development course that helps you with the whole medical school application process (proof-reading essays, tips, etc.) It sounded like a great program.