Loyola Marymount University Pre-Medical Post-Baccalaureate Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AppleFan1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear All,

So I have been searching the forums and haven't heard very much about LMUs Pre-Medical Post-Bacc program. Has anyone here gone through the program? How hard is it to get into? It seems to be very intensive (1 year) but I'm more concerned with the prestige when you graduate.

I have a 3.228 GPA now with a very distinct upward trend (the last 2 years of college being above 3.7 GPA). Will a program like this (with lets say a 3.7 get me into an American med school?

At this point, any information about this program would be helpful.

Sincerely,
Applefan1

Members don't see this ad.

Hello
Im not sure if your already in but I just had an interview with their post bacc program for pre-health. It went alright I think. The interview questions were just a bit different than what I thought they were going to be. I applied to Charles drew university as well so we shall see how it all goes.

Loyola's program seems intense but I want to get my pre-reqs done soon considering im already 28 and there is a glide year before you can start med school. Im not sure about the prestige but I wanted to get into a post bacc because Im a non trad and have an undergraduate degree in computer science. I wanted something was a scheduled list of classes and an adviser that can help me in my med school applications.
I will let you know if Im accepted.

Does anyone know about this program and what are your chances of getting into med school after completion of the program. I have been accepted to other programs that will take longer in bigger schools and I am wondering whether or not going to LMU would hinder my chances in comparison to attending a post bac at for example georgetown university or NYU etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would love to know as well. (About Loyola Marymount University)

Reactions: 1 user
Wow—I was definitely expecting a lot more responses on this thread… I wonder why Loyola Marymount’s program hasn't gotten much attention on here.

Anyway, I have been invited for an interview at LMU this weekend. Anyone out there have any interview tips for a hopeful student?? LMU is my first choice and from the sound of it, they ask unconventional questions (here’s lookin’ at you, IndianSunshine!)...

Ingyma, have any info about LMU's program that you are willing to share? o_O:D
Heya! I decided to just do my own post-bac program to save some money and work around my work schedule. Can't tell you anything about this program but I can tell you that I took almost all of the pre reqs at a Community College and I have both MD and DO California interviews (with one acceptance so far!)

Heya! I decided to just do my own post-bac program to save some money and work around my work schedule. Can't tell you anything about this program but I can tell you that I took almost all of the pre reqs at a Community College and I have both MD and DO California interviews (with one acceptance so far!)
Wow--That's great! What an amazing and relieving feeling of making (and being incredibly successful at) your own path to med school!

Do you have any advice regarding the interview process? Did they ask any questions that caught you off guard or was it more of a "formality" for those that are accepted? <---that's what I'm (naively) hoping for :rolleyes: I'd love it if it were more of a informational conversation rather than some professor or student drilling me with questions!

Wow--That's great! What an amazing and relieving feeling of making (and being incredibly successful at) your own path to med school!

Do you have any advice regarding the interview process? Did they ask any questions that caught you off guard or was it more of a "formality" for those that are accepted? <---that's what I'm (naively) hoping for :rolleyes: I'd love it if it were more of a informational conversation rather than some professor or student drilling me with questions!
Thanks!

Every school is different. Both of the schools I've interviewed at had the newer MMI interview format which is very unique and included scenarios and/or question prompts. I also had a traditional 30 minute drilling session with faculty at one school

Thanks!

Every school is different. Both of the schools I've interviewed at had the newer MMI interview format which is very unique and included scenarios and/or question prompts. I also had a traditional 30 minute drilling session with faculty at one school
Thanks for the help. And congrats again :)

Hello
Im not sure if your already in but I just had an interview with their post bacc program for pre-health. It went alright I think. The interview questions were just a bit different than what I thought they were going to be. I applied to Charles drew university as well so we shall see how it all goes.

Loyola's program seems intense but I want to get my pre-reqs done soon considering im already 28 and there is a glide year before you can start med school. Im not sure about the prestige but I wanted to get into a post bacc because Im a non trad and have an undergraduate degree in computer science. I wanted something was a scheduled list of classes and an adviser that can help me in my med school applications.
I will let you know if Im accepted.
If you're willing to rack your brain and go back to a couple years ago, how was your interview experience? Any interviewing tips for a career-changer wanting to get into LMU's post-bac?

Hello all,

I just got an interview invitation from Loyola Marymount University. I feel a little bit anxious about the interview process. For those who had LMU interviews, could share your experiences? What kind of questions were asked? I would really appreciate it! Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,

I just got an interview invitation from Loyola Marymount University. I feel a little bit anxious about the interview process. For those who had LMU interviews, could share your experiences? What kind of questions were asked? I would really appreciate it! Thanks for the help!

HEY! I got invited for an interview as well. I am pretty nervous too. Please let me know if you get any information regarding the interview questions and process. I am trying to get in contact with past program participants to gain insight into the interview I am willing to exchange. When is your interview?

I haven’t get any info yet. Mine is next Monday. When is yours?

Reactions: 1 users
HEY! I got invited for an interview as well. I am pretty nervous too. Please let me know if you get any information regarding the interview questions and process. I am trying to get in contact with past program participants to gain insight into the interview I am willing to exchange. When is your interview?

Hi. I was researching LMU postbac interview reviews and came across this thread. I got an interview session scheduled on 25th. I am nervous and can’t figure out how to prepare for this interview. I would really appreciate your feedback after your interview. Thanks!

Mine is next Friday! I'm trying my best to receive feedback on the interview to share.

Hi. I was researching LMU postbac interview reviews and came across this thread. I got an interview session scheduled on 25th. I am nervous and can’t figure out how to prepare for this interview. I would really appreciate your feedback after your interview. Thanks!

I’ll let you you how it goes! I’m nervous too. Hopefully I can get some feedback from this thread before my interview lol!

For those that have upcoming interviews: relax! If you are invited to interview, that is a sign that they already like you. Doesn't hurt to put your best foot forward, but really just try to be down to earth and real. I think the main thing they're looking for is someone that is passionate about and committed to medicine and someone they believe can be successful in this career path. So just relax and tell them why you are that person. :)

Good luck!

For those that have upcoming interviews: relax! If you are invited to interview, that is a sign that they already like you. Doesn't hurt to put your best foot forward, but really just try to be down to earth and real. I think the main thing they're looking for is someone that is passionate about and committed to medicine and someone they believe can be successful in this career path. So just relax and tell them why you are that person. :)

Good luck!

Thanks for the message. Really appreciate it.

Hello!

I have an interview at Loyola Marymount University next week and I’m super nervous. Would anyone be able to provide some feedback/advice for this interview?

Thank you in advance.

Hey! I’m interviewing here next week. How did your interview go? What did they ask?

Hello!

I have an interview at Loyola Marymount University next week and I’m super nervous. Would anyone be able to provide some feedback/advice for this interview?

Thank you in advance.

Hey! I’m interviewing here next week. How did your interview go? What did they ask?

I have an interview in a couple of weeks, how did yours go? What were the questions like? Thanks!

I have an interview in a couple of weeks, how did yours go? What were the questions like? Thanks!
Here are the questions I had:

Tell me about yourself

Why do you want to be a physician

What are you most proud of?

Have you ever been rejected to anything and how did you overcome it

Why the program?

If you aren’t admitted to the program what will you do?

Sorry I am late! I am currently studying for the MCAT as I have completed the program and plan on applying this upcoming 2021 cycle. As cliche as it sounds, just be yourself and be as authentic as possible. Study the application you submitted and address any red flags to assure them you are committed to this path. Assure them that their investment in you once you join the program will not go in vain. You already got an interview which means they liked you on paper so show them they have nothing to worry about. Good luck to all! The program is phenomenal in my humble opinion.

Here are the questions I had:

Tell me about yourself

Why do you want to be a physician

What are you most proud of?

Have you ever been rejected to anything and how did you overcome it

Why the program?

If you aren’t admitted to the program what will you do?

Sorry I am late! I am currently studying for the MCAT as I have completed the program and plan on applying this upcoming 2021 cycle. As cliche as it sounds, just be yourself and be as authentic as possible. Study the application you submitted and address any red flags to assure them you are committed to this path. Assure them that their investment in you once you join the program will not go in vain. You already got an interview which means they liked you on paper so show them they have nothing to worry about. Good luck to all! The program is phenomenal in my humble opinion.
thank you so much!! I got accepted :)

thank you so much!! I got accepted :)
Congratulations!! I'm very happy for you and wishing you the best of luck along this journey. Remember you deserve it and never lose sight of your why.