Loyola Secondary Due Date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vivella

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been over the due date by almost two weeks. Somehow I thought it's in September when it is actually August 24 :eek:! (Don't know what I was thinking) Do I have a chance of getting an extension if I call them?

Members don't see this ad.

I have been over the due date by almost two weeks. Somehow I thought it's in September when it is actually August 24 :eek:! (Don't know what I was thinking) Do I have a chance of getting an extension if I call them?

Can't hurt to call and try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. If I were you, and I didn't have a legit reason why I missed the deadline, I'd do my best to show how much I really wanted to apply to Loyola. Good luck.

Hate to be the messenger of bad news but I think they said somewhere in the papers that they will not accept apps past the due date.
Try anyways, its worth a shot. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
They did say that you need to have an extension granted before you pass the due date. I agree with the above posters, though - no reason not to call them and see if something can be worked out. Good luck!

I'm debating whether or not to finish my secondary app to loyola (5 freakin essays), deadline is coming up soon. I'll call them tomorrow for an extension and let you know what happened.

I didn't get the Loyola secondary until 7 days before the due date marked on my application (I moved and mail forwarding took forever), and I knew that it would probably be a few days late. I called to ask for an extension, and they said not to worry about it because there is a built-in two week grace period...I pressed her on this because I would really love to go to loyola and I was afraid they would think I wasn't a serious applicant, but she said it would have no bearing on my application and the two week grace period was put in place for a reason...so I say just get it in ASAP, send it via two day mail, and you should be fine....

is there a character limit on the essays for this secondary?

nevermind, found it. 25 lines.

I can't get into the online application. It keeps telling me to check my name, AMCAS ID, and birthdate on both pages. Everything is correct...help!

My deadline is this week...

I can't get into the online application. It keeps telling me to check my name, AMCAS ID, and birthdate on both pages. Everything is correct...help!

recheck everything? make sure the online due date is on '2007'. iono.

don't forget the leading zeros in the amcas id too. not sure if they do it on the application, but i know in our financial aid and other things as students, we have to add two zeros before our amcas id to make it a 10-digit number.

Did anyone actually leave a question blank or say "refer to primary application" like the instructions say? I'm tempted to do that for the "How did you reach your decision to enter medicine" question. Cause thats very similar to my personal statement. I dont know if thats looked down upon or if its a "less is more" type of thing.

You have to enter in the exact due date you put in when you first accessed the page, regardless of what the letter tells you it is. I got the link early and guessed a due date that was a few days around what my actual would've ended up being so I could start work, and it took me a while to figure that out and then to go through and try a bunch of possible due dates before I found the one that I had used.

Did anyone actually leave a question blank or say "refer to primary application" like the instructions say? I'm tempted to do that for the "How did you reach your decision to enter medicine" question. Cause thats very similar to my personal statement. I dont know if thats looked down upon or if its a "less is more" type of thing.

I elaborated a little bit and, mostly due to space constraints, did refer them back to my PS.

Yes, for that question I just referred them to my PS since that was specifically covered and fleshed out by my PS. I loved that Loyola suggested you could do that rather than paraphrase or knock your head against a wall trying to think of something else to say. I also only wrote one or two sentences (mainly referring them to my PS) for the question regarding a decision I had made that I was proud of, which I also felt was in my PS. So, that's basically two essays that I referred to my PS on. And I got an interview invite from Loyola last week, so it must be ok to do so. Oh, and for the optional essay, I wrote about why I'm particularly interested in Loyola.

By the optional essay do you mean the "6. Please use this space to bring the information contained on your AMCAS application up-to-date. Indicate grades earned, alterations in your proposed course work or graduation date, address changes, additions to your list of activities, and anything else you feel we should know." essay?

By the optional essay do you mean the "6. Please use this space to bring the information contained on your AMCAS application up-to-date. Indicate grades earned, alterations in your proposed course work or graduation date, address changes, additions to your list of activities, and anything else you feel we should know." essay?

Yes. I honestly had nothing else to add! So, I talked about "Why Loyola?" instead.

So when is it too late to request an extension? my deadline is in 2 days.