loyola turnaround?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jofrbr76

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed on november 13,
The dean mentioned the committee meets tommorrow,
Should i hear this week via U.S. mail??

Help me out woots32, gotgirth, pluckyduk8, and whatfun, i see you are all ready in. How were you notified, and how soon?

Thanx everyone,

Joe

Members don't see this ad.

What happened w/me probably will not help you. The committee met the Monday after my interview, and then my letter was mailed out with the Oct. 15th batch. My letter took what seemed like forever to make it to my mailbox (more than a week for mail within the Chicago area is absurd!). Just a little more to wait... :)

i'm in the same boat joe (interviewed 10/30) and that is not hopeful hearing about the mail delay, particularly being in california. i was hoping to have some news by thanksgiving. maybe we can call??

Members don't see this ad :)
Similar situation for me as for Pluckyduk.

My experience won't be very comforting, but it might be slightly comical!

I interviewed Oct. 11th and was told by the Asst. Dean that they'd review my app. Oct. 15th and she'd call me to let me know. So, I would know that Monday!

Well, I waited on Monday, and no phone call. Tuesday, no call. Of course, I was sitting there agonizing over whether I should call, as I was afraid of being too pushy and started worrying that she would forget about her promise to call me, affecting my likelihood of acceptance if I was on the fence.

Well, Wednesday finally rolled around and still nothing! So, I went to my advisor, who knows the Asst. Dean very well, and he said to contact her. I emailed her and received a call from her Thursday morning letting me know I was accepted.

Not an enjoyable week, but at least it ended well. I got my letter from Loyola that Saturday (Oct. 21st, I think.) Therefore, expect about a week of lag time for the letter.