Loyola University Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agredano

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To those that interview in Loyola Univ Neurology:

I had interviewed there. I thought that the program was very intense. I have a hard time in my personal life when I went there to interview and I didn't see anything good during my interview. I was surprised about the teaching schedule and in fact, when they gave us the tour, they told us that we had to be the only resident on call for two hospitals and that made me nervous. The point is that I didn't rank them. Now, I am thinking that maybe I was bias due to my personal problems and that blinded me to see anything good in Loyola, or it was really a very intense program. I am very confused now. Should I have ranked them?
Can somebody tell me his/her experience about this program? The PC called me last week and I don't know what she wants.
I really appreciate if somebody has any impression about this program.
Thanks a lot :(

Members don't see this ad.

No doubt Loyola is a very intense program..residents looked stressed out but they were satisfied...PD is a really nice guy and looks like the strongest point in loyola is the PD..he always replied to my emails...but its very hard to contact the PS...mine was the 1st choice but i could not match over there as there were lot of residents from other specilities who were interviewed over there...for IMG's its one of the top program but for AMG's its considered in the bottom list.(according to usnews.com) If you are interested in academics its a really nice place as you have to have 2 research presentations during your residency and also if u are interested in clinical neurophysiology fellowship its great..even though there are alot of neurophysiology fellows still u will get alot of exposure coz of the workload..plus they have one of the biggest VA in US,where u can see alot of neurological cases...if i'll get a chance than i'll definately try to get into this program...

agredano said:
To those that interview in Loyola Univ Neurology:

I had interviewed there. I thought that the program was very intense. I have a hard time in my personal life when I went there to interview and I didn't see anything good during my interview. I was surprised about the teaching schedule and in fact, when they gave us the tour, they told us that we had to be the only resident on call for two hospitals and that made me nervous. The point is that I didn't rank them. Now, I am thinking that maybe I was bias due to my personal problems and that blinded me to see anything good in Loyola, or it was really a very intense program. I am very confused now. Should I have ranked them?
Can somebody tell me his/her experience about this program? The PC called me last week and I don't know what she wants.
I really appreciate if somebody has any impression about this program.
Thanks a lot :(

Thanks a lot for you help. I hope i can make up my mind, because I was really confused.