Loyola waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joj884

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many of us are there out here? Any news? What do you make of the financial aid paperwork even before acceptance, a good sign of hope?

Members don't see this ad.

I was told at my interview last week that they will not rank the waitlist until the end of April and that we will not be able to find out our position on that list.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
waiting on the list too. let me off!

I'm there with you all. Did they call you to let you know you were on it?

They are reviewing files for the last time sometime today and all interviewing stops on Friday. If they choose to interview then the aplicant will get a phonecall invitation :thumbup: , otherwise a letter via snailmail :( . Still waiting for a Stritch interview....

I'm there with you all. Did they call you to let you know you were on it?

I got a letter on Monday telling me I was on the alternate list.

yep I got a letter about being on the alternate list as well

I was notified by mail not phone call about the waitlist.

also got a letter about the waitlist. all the financial aid emails are the real torture though...does anyone know whether they rank the waitlist right away or it switches? Someone on another thread mentioned the AdCom meeting about the waitlist, which if it was already ranked they wouldn't have to do (i don't think). Just wondering, as end of semester grades are coming up and missing 3 labs to go to interviews didn't help my anatomy grade....

:luck: to all the others waiting

also got a letter about the waitlist. all the financial aid emails are the real torture though...does anyone know whether they rank the waitlist right away or it switches? Someone on another thread mentioned the AdCom meeting about the waitlist, which if it was already ranked they wouldn't have to do (i don't think). Just wondering, as end of semester grades are coming up and missing 3 labs to go to interviews didn't help my anatomy grade....

I was told that they would rank the wait list at the end of April sometime. My understanding was that it was static, but who knows.

I hate wait lists.

I was notified by mail not phone call about the waitlist.

I wonder why they called me, I hope that is a good sign?
Good luck everyone.:luck:

I just interviewed, they said they will meet on Monday to make decisions on the last batch of interviewees and then they will start ranking the waitlist later in the week.

edit: Also, the admissions dean said 33% of the current M1 class were taken off the waitlist, and I'm pretty sure she said over half the waitlist was accepted last year. So, there's definitely still a good chance for those of you who have made it that far.

Members don't see this ad :)
good to hear, thanks for the info

Anyone know when Loyola Stritch's Orientation and then classes start?

Is it 30 July
and then
6 August 2007?

Anyone know when Loyola Stritch's Orientation and then classes start?

Is it 30 July
and then
6 August 2007?

Orientation is July 23rd. Classes start the 30th of July. Check out their website, they have some orientation and parents weekend info up already.

i'm on the alternate list as well.

according to the office, they will be starting to rank the waitlist TOMORROW. but we will not know it's rankings. and offers of acceptances made to alternates will be made over phone.

well they did send out those letters informing the alternates and requesting we check the box if still interested and the letter says by may 1.

well they did send out those letters informing the alternates and requesting we check the box if still interested and the letter says by may 1.

Hmmm..I didnt receive that letter till today. I hope that doesnt hurt me if they are ranking the waitlist tomorrow. Anybody else not receive it till today?

Hmmm..I didnt receive that letter till today. I hope that doesnt hurt me if they are ranking the waitlist tomorrow. Anybody else not receive it till today?

I doubt it hurts you if it says by May :)
If they're ranking soon, is it no good to send extra LORs or updates? I've heard (rumor perhaps) that it is static... Has anyone been informed or asked?

all this work to get published in one of the big two and perhaps it will do me no good. Le sigh.

Best of luck in all your waits :luck:

Yikes. I haven't received that yet.

Any recent additions to the wait list receive one?

i hear the waitlist rankings and scores are already tabulated, and are therefore, static. therefore, it's only a waiting game.

i hear the waitlist rankings and scores are already tabulated, and are therefore, static. therefore, it's only a waiting game.

That's the impression I got from the interview too.

I got the letter, but I don't know where to send it back!?! They didn't enclose an envelope, and they didn't give me an address to send it to. Do I just send it to the return address?

I got the letter, but I don't know where to send it back!?! They didn't enclose an envelope, and they didn't give me an address to send it to. Do I just send it to the return address?

Yes. Just send it to the admissions office. The address should be on the envelope.

Has anyone called to see where they are at on the waitlist? Has it been made by now?

Yikes. I haven't received that yet.

Any recent additions to the wait list receive one?
I haven't recieved that letter either. They probably don't send it to those of us who interviewed late. I interviewed in the beginning of April, so I would assume that they know I'm still interested.

To Tandski:

Sorry, they won't tell you your rank on the waitlist. Bummer huh?

To Everyone:

Has anyone else heard that over half of the waitlist was accepted last year? OR was HelenaP the only one who heard that? Thanks,

I haven't recieved that letter either. They probably don't send it to those of us who interviewed late. I interviewed in the beginning of April, so I would assume that they know I'm still interested.

To Everyone:

Has anyone else heard that over half of the waitlist was accepted last year? OR was HelenaP the only one who heard that? Thanks,

I actually got the letter a couple of days ago and I interviewed in April. If you don't get it, it might be wise to just give them a call.

As for the numbers - I don't remember the US World News numbers and I don't have accesss anymore, but I do remember them supporting a large number of people coming off the WL.

I actually got the letter a couple of days ago and I interviewed in April. If you don't get it, it might be wise to just give them a call.

As for the numbers - I don't remember the US World News numbers and I don't have accesss anymore, but I do remember them supporting a large number of people coming off the WL.
Thanks for the info..

i don't know if it was half the waitlist or not, but a third of our current M1 class were waitlisted before they were accepted

yup got the letter about being on the alternate list. I didn't know I had to send it back May 1st since my mom got the letter and did not tell me about this. oh well, at least i have somewhere to go this Fall!! Hopefully we'll all find out soon enough.

Ummm... did everybody put on the alternate list get a packet of information from the financial aid office???

Ummm... did everybody put on the alternate list get a packet of information from the financial aid office???

yes, actually the same day i got my waitlist letter. make sure you fill out the information given to you on interview day and the online info as well, as FinAid will email you to no end if you don't. also, you'll be on the email list as well... so expect a few of those.

Speaking of Financial Aid info, how have you decided who you want to be your lender? I'm completely lost in the papers they sent about it.

Just wanted to let you guys know, a spot has opened up. I withdrew today, a full week before I had (can you believe it?) It was actually sad because I think Loyola is an excellent place to get a medical education. I hope that this opens the door for one of you, best of luck.

Have they even taken anyone off the list yet? I know they weren't ranking the list until the end of April and then they had the response letters that were due May 1.

I wonder when people will start getting the good news.

Thanks for the heads up Frange and good luck. I did some scouting around the posts from years past and it seems like they started around May 16th or so and happened a couple each week presumably because they gave the people they called some time to decide before going to the next one on the list.

I haven't heard of anyone getting off the wl yet but maybe the movement will start sooner this year.

I got a call yesterday from a doc at Loyola yesterday to ask if I was still interested...I thought he was calling to get me off the waitlist!! Oh well...but he did say I was toward the top so we'll see...

Dutch, he still called after you sent in the checkbox "still interested page."

Well if your getting pre-phone calls and the 15th is Tuesday and they have a "top o the list" to reference your location then presumably they'll hit the first waitlist movement soon maybe even the 15th.

one day till the 15th

There's about to be another spot's worth of movement, i'm withrdawing my app.

I liked you Loyola, but why Mayfield -- yuck.

There's about to be another spot's worth of movement, i'm withrdawing my app.

I liked you Loyola, but why Mayfield -- yuck.

MayWOOD is a short 9 miles from Chicago. NINE miles people. AND there is an L stop in Forest Park (and Oak Park). Geesh - it isn't like we are way out in the boonies like RFU.

(and honestly, the walls of the library look the same everywhere I am learning.)