Loyola Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LL

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what is going on with this list? Has it moved at all? Anyone give up their spot recently?

Members don't see this ad.

I may be giving up my spot very soon. Try calling the ad office to see what info they will provide. I was told that after June 1 they could tell folks if there has been any movement.

If you don't mind, where else are you considering? Are you IL res.?

Just curious
smile.gif

I e-mailed the dean yesterday morning to see if I could get any info and she e-mailed me back asking for a number I could be reached at. My heart was beating like crazy because I thought I was finally getting the call. Unfortunately not. It seems the class this year is unusually stable and it doesn't look good for us waitlistees. She went so far as to say that we should take advantage of any other options we have available to us and to not get our hopes up. Arghhhhhhh!!!!! Why does this have to happen the year I apply? Lasy year they took 75 people off the list and this year they may not take any. She did say that there were a few people with multiple acceptances playing both sides. Therein lies our best immediate chance. Then there are those accepted candidates who get in to other schools off the waitlist in the coming months and give us the chance to go to Loyola. Good luck to all and sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.
If anyone knows anything else, like if they are just trying to let some of us farther down the list off without hurting our feelings let me know.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also on the waitlist at Creighton. I ddn't get any outright acceptances so I am keeping my fingers crossed! I am not an IL resident and I have been told that that will help me at Loyola since they attempt to split the class 1/2 in state and 1/2 out of state. What schools are you considering 1918?

Hey LL,
Have you been able to get anything from the admissions office about your chances of getting off the waitlist at Loyola? I truly hope that what the dean told me just means that the list is moving a lot slower than in previous years and that there may still be hope. I too have no outrights, just four waitlists. Are you reapplying?

Yes I am reapplying. I have not been able to get anything out of them about my chances. Don't you love the limbo? I wish that I was more "free-spirited" and didn't mind not knowing what city I could be living in in two months. Unfortunately, I am an anal planning freak and this about to drive me up the wall! Is Loyola your first choice amoung your four waitlists? Where else are you waitlisted and are you reapplying?

[This message has been edited by LL (edited 06-05-2000).]

Tufts, Loyola, Albany and MCP. I love Loyola and would gladly go there. Tufts is the only other school I would seriously consider. I am from Boston and it would be hard to leave. On the other hand, Tufts is ridiculously expensive and I have a sneaking suspicion I would be happier at Loyola. It is doubtful I will have a choice though. I know what you mean about being anal and wanting to know what is going to happen. This is absolutely killing me!!! I just want to get in somewhere so I know if I have to move or stay put. I want to know if I have to look for a new job, apartment and if I can go on a trip somewhere to relax a little. I am definitley reapplying, but haven't sent in my primary yet. I should have my new personal statement done by the end of the week. Last year my apps weren't complete at any of the schools until the end of September because of a late rec from a bigwig pathologist so I am hoping that if I send in everything in the next week or so I can have secondaries by the first week of July and everything complete by August. Hopefully that will help. This year I got five interviews from my application so hopefully I won't have to change too much. It is just so damn hard to motivate to do anything on my application when at any moment something could happen. I also don't want to spend the ridiculous amount of money I spent last year again for no reason. God I hope Loyola works out!!

I'm also on the waitlist at Loyola and 7 (!!!!) other places. I completely understand everything everyone has said about this limbo. It's killing me. Also, I've heard the same information listed above about the lack of those students initially accepted not giving up their places. Why the year we applied? I find this whole admissions process a bit of a mystery. Still, they're going to take some of us. Try to keep a positive attitude. Best of luck to all.