LPCA BCBA question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hammieboy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I have a MA in Counseling from an accredited program and am an LPCA. I am interested in pursuing BCBA credentialing. Would this now require a Masters in a different field?

Thanks,
Hammieboy

Members don't see this ad.

There are programs that offer just the BCBA credentialing courses (iirc there are six?). I've found that many of the institutions that offer the masters in ABA will also offer just the required courses if you already have a psych-related masters. Just check with BCBA to see if your MA would be accepted for credentialing though- they can be particular about it.

Hi. I have a MA in Counseling from an accredited program and am an LPCA. I am interested in pursuing BCBA credentialing. Would this now require a Masters in a different field?

Thanks,
Hammieboy

If you have a masters degree in counseling, you would need to complete a certificate program in ABA which generally involves about 8 courses in behavioral analysis, in addition to supervised field experience. Upon completion of the certificate program and supervised experience, you can take the licensure exam in order to become a BCBA.

Last edited: