LSU Alternate List? (OOS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

texas1995

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

So I applied to LSU's SVM and was a little disappointed with how they went through the admission and interview process. Unfortunately, they decided to NOT interview OOS residents (which doesn't include Arkansas residents since that's a contract school). So, they already sent offers to a certain number of OOS residents and unfortunately I am on the waitlist. I know there's always a chance to get off the list, but LSU takes a very small amount of OOS residents so it's also highly unlikely. Plus there is no ranking out of the top 150 which makes it so stressful. My last 45 hours is a 3.98 GPA and my science GPA is a 3.62 (just in case that helps)

I'm wondering about how long have people waited to get off the alternate list? I know April 15 is "decision day" but do I really have to wait that long to hear from them? Or have there been instances where people have heard earlier? I am worried because I have an offer from another great OOS school, but I feel like I should also wait and see about LSU.

The school is holding a "Welcoming reception and open house" this weekend (as well as Arkansas resident interviews), so I will definitely be going since I haven't visited LSU yet, and who knows, I may get off the waitlist!!

If you guys know any info please let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys!

I'm wondering about how long have people waited to get off the alternate list? I know April 15 is "decision day" but do I really have to wait that long to hear from them? Or have there been instances where people have heard earlier? I am worried because I have an offer from another great OOS school, but I feel like I should also wait and see about LSU.
Most people get off of the waitlist after April 15th, but it can be from then to all the way to when school starts in August. Is it possible to hear before April 15th? Sure, but is it likely? No, not usually.

It is possible to put your deposit down for this other school, get accepted to LSU sometime in the summer, and accept that spot to LSU. You would lose your deposit for the other school of course, but that way you would have an accepted spot somewhere in case you wouldn't be pulled off the waitlist at LSU.

Reactions: 1 users
I am in the same situation! However LSU stated that in the past they normally take 50-65 people off the wait list, one year they went up to 120 spots! Stay positive, I don't think we will be hearing anything until closer to the deadline but as far as I am aware LSU pulls people off the list as spots open. :)

If it brightens any ones day, I was accepted as an OOS to LSU but will be attending another University so my spot will be going to an OOS! ^_^

Reactions: 1 user