LSU Charity Hospital

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnson

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone out there know how tough it is to match at Charity? It sounds like what I'm looking for in a program from what I've read. If anyone has some inside info on Charity, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Check out the "Programs in the Southeast" thread.

There are a couple of reviews of the Charity-LSU program at scutwork.com as well.

I rotated at Charity for last October because it seemed like an awesome ED. After a month down there I can tell you it was. the PD is absolutely awesome and the residents are cool as well. They take about 1/2 from LSU, out of 18 residents, but they seemed really excited about someone like me, a chick from NY. I would definately recommend rotating there for a month, make sure Dr. Deblieux is there, he is the PD, and work your ass off. The month isn't difficult if you have ever worked at county hospital, but if you haven't get yourself prepared. if you rock the month you can get a letter, and hopefully a spot. Good Luck