SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

LSUHSC Class of 2005!

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by HanktheDog, Jun 17, 2001.

1. HanktheDog

HanktheDog Junior Member

May 21, 2001
    Just wondering how many other SDN regulars are gonna be attending either of the LSU's in the fall. I'll be in New Orleans - getting nervous here, anyone else? :)
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Malftap

Malftap Member 10+ Year Member

Jan 14, 2001
    Good luck and there are some regulars going to the LSUHSC schools. I'm going to Shreveport. Congrads and best of luck.
  4. apple638

apple638 Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Metairie, La
    Congratulations on being accepted into LSUHSC New Orleans and Shreveport. I'm from Louisiana (Monroe/Tallulah) and I applied to the LSUMC in New Orleans and was rejected but two of my friends were accepted. If you see Kim Gilbert and Shari Rogers in the fall, tell them that Angela Green said hi. I just joined the SDN a couple of days ago but I'll definitely tell them about it so they can register as well.

Again congratulations to the both of you for being accepted!!!
  5. puffy1

puffy1 Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Yo, I'm going to LSUHSC-NO and I just got my finaid letter last Friday. I'm not nervous, but I am anxious to get started.

What is everyone doing before school starts? I'll be headed to the West Coast to visit some friends and to get away from the South for a little while.
  6. mike1234

mike1234 Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 27, 2001
    baton rouge
    Hey everyone,
    I'm also in the class of 2005 in N.O. I can't wait to get down there and get started. After orientation and registration on August 8-9, what are we gonna be doing then?? Hey are you guys going to the used microscope sale next week? those prices blew me away. See you all then. thanks
  7. puffy1

puffy1 Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Fortunately, I won't be going to that microscope sale next week. I got an excellent deal on a microscope...a bit on the old side, but functional and (hopefully) reliable. I think those people are trying to sell their scopes for the price they bought them for or maybe for a tiny profit.

If I were you, I'd bargain way down...try asking for 65% of the price and see if they are willing to work with you. I don't see anyone buying a microscope for $1200, no matter how new it is.
  8. EXited27

EXited27 New Member

Jun 19, 2001
    It is great to see that there are other people on this board that are going to LSU-NO. Look forward to seeing you all there.
  9. jgilbe2

jgilbe2 New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Hey! My name is Nikki. I am going to LSUHSC in New Orleans this fall too!! I am so excited, but a little nervous about living arrangements. I am looking for a roommate. It would be a great way to save money and make my family less worried about my safety. If anyone hears of others looking, please let me know. Is anyone going to Camp Tiger?
  10. TabascoMD

TabascoMD Member 7+ Year Member

Mar 5, 2004

These posts are from 2001. There is another thread for LSUHSC Class of 2009. I think it's called "lsu medical schools", under allo
  11. Termwean

Termwean 7+ Year Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    This is Mike White...Been in some of your classes, and I am a friend of Glen Giroir. Hey, class of 2005 means they graduate in 2005. You are in the class of 2009. I am also in the class of 2009. We have a thread under class of 2009. See ya soon.
    -Mike- opps just saw that it is titled LSU Medical Schools