Army LTHET Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adlogin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone post the results of the Army LTHET? I can't access without a CAC.

Members don't see this ad.

It would be great if someone could post the selectees. Thank you!

So I don't have access to the numbers beyond what we all see in an email. But I can post Number of spots and AD vs student selection numbers. Maybe someone else can chime in with total number of applicants?

Comprehensive (2yr): 20 spots - 15AD selectees, 5 dental school, 15 on the alternate list
Perio: 4spots - 4 AD, 0 DS, 6 Alternates
Endo: 6spots - 6 AD, 6 Alt
Pros: 4spots - 4 AD, 0 Alt
OMS: 11 spots - 1 AD, 6 DS, 0 Alt
Ortho: 2 spots - 2AD, 7 Alt
Pedo: 2 spots- 2 AD, 6Alt

Im not sure why OS isn't filling all their spots, they didn't fill all 11 spots last year either. Maybe just a cyclical thing

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I don't have access to the numbers beyond what we all see in an email. But I can post Number of spots and AD vs student selection numbers. Maybe someone else can chime in with total number of applicants?

Comprehensive (2yr): 20 spots - 15AD selectees, 5 dental school, 15 on the alternate list

Im not sure why OS isn't filling all their spots, they didn't fill all 11 spots last year either. Maybe just a cyclical thing
I'm speculating but didn't Army OMS recently now require the CBSE?

Great, thank you for posting this! The Army does require the CBSE.

My guess, either there were not enough quality applicants or a program is getting cut, most likely the former.

Thank you for posting these results. Any data on the 1-year AEGD spots?

I personally know several applicants that applied to different programs, including OMFS, that did not get picked up and are not on the alternate list. So "# accepted" + # alternates" does not equal all applicants.

I personally know several applicants that applied to different programs, including OMFS, that did not get picked up and are not on the alternate list. So "# accepted" + # alternates" does not equal all applicants.

Right. I just pulled this from the list we get every year of who got accepted. I don’t have access or know anyone who knows total # of applicants, maybe someone will add this info.

Great, thank you for posting this! The Army does require the CBSE.
Is this true for active duty? If so then that would definitely lower the applicant pool esp. from the active duty side

The Army requires the CBSE also for active duty applicants.

This data was publicly released in the past but a few years ago they stopped doing it for whatever reason. If you are entitled to see the specifics you want you can either use your CAC to log into the site yourself or you can ask a recruiter to provide them to you, which they should be easily able to do. It would be inappropriate for any of us with access to the info to publicly post it

My guess, either there were not enough quality applicants or a program is getting cut, most likely the former.
According to one of the OMS attendings in my residency who was on the selection board, there were not enough applicants to fill the 11 OS residency positions but they still only selected those who were well qualified, resulting in even fewer spots being filled.