Lu Lau Prep Services

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eastcoastdent15

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone out there used this service for the Wreb and if so, how was your experience? I'm taking the Wreb soon and am looking into it...just wanted some input. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Why do you want to spend $8000 when you can spend less? My assistant found me all my patients for less than $500 plus her salary for that weekend. I paid for their air fare, food & lodging. All together, it costs me less than $3000.
PM me if you want the info. I'll be glad to help you out

Reactions: 1 user
Why do you want to spend $8000 when you can spend less? My assistant found me all my patients for less than $500 plus her salary for that weekend. I paid for their air fare, food & lodging. All together, it costs me less than $3000.
PM me if you want the info. I'll be glad to help you out

Definitely get in touch with tinker! I used Lu Lau, but if you could get your patients for $3k you should go for it. I would just be concerned because there are no backups. Make sure you have good sized lesions, clearly going to the DEJ. You have plenty of time to get extensions, so don't risk getting rejected. Same with perio--you have 3-4 hours to clean one quad--make sure there's plenty of calculus or submit 2 quads.
And get awesome endo teeth! See my WREB advice post for more info.

I have used the service. I cannot say enough good things about the service. They will do everything for you as far as screening the patients, paperwork, and most importantly getting the patients there on time. Their patients get approved for the examination. Trust me, you dont want to do all that crazy work and not get approved by the examiners. If you have taken a dental examination, you will know what I mean. All you basically have to do is just concentrate on the task at hand. I constantly hear ooh the cost ooh the cost. Look you definitely get what you pay for and more. Their philosophy is to get you to pass and not to worry about the other stuff. I highly recommend the service.

Members don't see this ad :)
I passed the exam with a very high score and did not use LL service. It doesn't matter between a 95 and a 76 because WREB score can't be used to apply to specialty like NDBE1. However, my point is, if you can do it for less, why not? Unless you have money to throw around.

There is nothing wrong with using it. But if you remember the saying "The fool and his money are soon parted". Then you wouldn't.

However, if spending money to use the service and buy you peace of mind with back up patient, etc....Then go ahead to use it. It is important to not go insane for that 3 days period.

I have to agree with OMFSresident. It's a small price to pay to have a guaranteed acceptable patient (ideal in most cases) when you look at the fact that this is probably the most important test of your life. It comes down to your comfort and stress levels. I traveled a long distance, I was alone, and I did not want to worry about the needs (food, lodging, transportation) of 2-3 people while I also had to face the stress of the exam. For me, it was well worth the $5k difference.

Another piece of advice: stay far away from the other patient finding service. I have heard horror stories about them. Lu Lau is a practicing dentist and puts her name behind the service (and I have not heard any bad reviews from their customers).

I used them and had very bad experiance . don't want to see any body in that situation.make the story short,never ever become a hostage in the hand of these greedy people.try to find your own patients and be safe. their philosophy is to reep you off , nothing else. and remember'' the fool and his money are soon parted''. good luck with your board exams.

Hello!
I'd like to know if you still offer assistance in locating patients for WREB at USC. Please let me know ASAP, thanks!
vmmscertproATaolDOTcom

I was using Lu Lau service in December 2013. Exam was at USC California and I am from Texas, so it would be really difficult to travel with patients.
I must say that people in Lu lau were very helpful. They provided patients for my Class II composite and Class II amalgam, perio and also I got assistant from them. Class IIs were exact lesions that I need for my exam. They got approved and my preps were straightforward without any requests for extension. Perio patient that they provide was approved for one quadrant which was easy to perform.
Overall, there service was great and I am very happy with patients that they gave me. Of cause, its expensive. From other side, I did not worry about food, hotel and flight for my patiens, I didn't care about backups. I was completely focused on my exam!

I would not recommend them at all. they are rude, once they get their money you are dealing with a totally different person. You won't believe they are the same people you spoke to, after they get their money. Get your own patients, start working on getting your patients early. You don't want to deal with them trust me.

Maybe different people had different experience. I can not tell. But from my experience I had no problems at all. Of cause, if I would have to take exam in the same city or within driving distance, I would get my own patients and would not spend so much money. But my case was different and I had to fly from Texas to LA. I just didn't want to worry about flight tickets hotel, food etc. for my patients. I decided to focus on my exam only. I passed all sections without any problems. If my patient would not show up they would provide back-up. Would you bring your back-up patient from TX to LA? Maybe not. What would happen if patient get diarrhea and you have no back-up...So, how I said, if you have to fly to different state than you have to use this kind of service. Its my own opinion.

I had travelled from another city to LA as well my friend, so did the rest of my friends. the reason I write this, is I don't want anyone to suffer. a lot of my friends took their patients along, students go in groups and share their backups patients this way each has a back up. everybody knows their patients before hand and it turns out to be way cheaper

I had travelled from another city to LA as well my friend, so did the rest of my friends. the reason I write this, is I don't want anyone to suffer. a lot of my friends took their patients along, students go in groups and share their backups patients this way each has a back up. everybody knows their patients before hand and it turns out to be way cheaper
What do you mean by "traveled" ? To drive with patients from "another city" is different then if you fly from TX to LA ... I agree that to have your own patients is MUCH cheaper. Its all personal preference.