Lucidity - Anybody have experience with this Locums website/app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

olbaid07

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Gang,

Last time I posted, I was a MS4 eager to become an anesthesiologist. Now I'm posting as a 2nd year attending at a southeast academic institution. I've been thinking of supplementing my income with some locums work and came across this website/app: Lucidity - luciditydirect . Does anybody have any experience with this? It seems straightforward and hip with a nice app and good looking website. It seems to have positioned itself as an Air BNB of sorts, acting as the intermediary between locums physician and facility, while taking a small cut.

My concerns so far:
1) They asked for my social security number. Equifax breaches aside, there is no reason they need this information. I emailed them and was advised that if this was a breaking point for me, that I can forego this information.
2) They ask me to sign a contract at the end. I understand the need for a contract, but docu-sign seems very extensive and I haven't had a chance to read through all the fine details of it.

Has anybody had any experience with this platform? Should I just stick to recruiters and gasworks.com? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Lucidity is a great idea. In this day and age I never understood why a locums agency should get more than 10-15% of one's hourly rate (paid by the hospital or group). Like everything else the internet is a game changer for lowering costs across the board.

Let's hope others get into this locums game like large hospitals themselves by using a third party website to host their needs.

I signed up early, but have yet to see any decent jobs posted. I don't remember having to sign a contract to get a username and read the listings.

I hope it catches on.

Let us know if you have any luck booking jobs with Lucidity.

Members don't see this ad :)
For easy consumption, we’ve divided up all of the main areas of the app into sections. This will enable you to zip straight to an area you need help with, but we’d recommend reading all of the sections if you’re unfamiliar with our app. Each page of the guide links to the other pages, so you won’t need to keep returning to this landing page if you want to read the whole guide in order.

We’ve stressed previously that the web app is a key part of a successful locum’s toolkit. We would, however, like to stress again how much difference using the app typically makes to a locum’s success rate. It’s not just a matter of being able to apply for exclusive bookings – some of which will never be sent out to our locums by email… The app also serves as the number one means by which locums can communicate their availability to the Team Locum office. Locums who keep their availability up to date get more work.

by
Rexfordjoan
Hourglass IT Solutions