Technology Luddites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From the webmonster

lee-abacus.gif
 
Northerner said:
*hugs rotary phone, slide-rule and typewriter and sobs softly*


LOL. Last fall I applied to McMaster Univ (in Canada). The application specified that it HAD to be typed, the paper was heavy and beige colored so it couldn't be printed via computer, and they specified 5 questions be answered, all in specified boxes on the one side of the form, double spaced, 12 pt type. So, they were asking basically that you tell them the meaning of life in 2 sentences.

It was actually hard to find a typewriter that met their requirements.

I do have my sliderule, pencil pointer, triangles and other esoteric antique engineering tools, though. And a package of vellum, and a book of airfoil shapes. When the world comes to an end, I'll still be able to design aircraft.