LuLau services

Started by jd25
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jd25

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys I graduated from dental school a couple of years ago and I am prepping to take the WREB exam early next year

I am looking into Lu Lau dental services as a means to obtain patients for the exam. I tried looking into other means (friends, family, school) but that hasn't worked out.

If anyone has any experience, information, hearsay or rumors about this LuLau company, please let me know.

I did a search on SDN and didn't get any good answers

Any info would be helpful

Thanks!!!!
 
Hi guys I graduated from dental school a couple of years ago and I am prepping to take the WREB exam early next year

I am looking into Lu Lau dental services as a means to obtain patients for the exam. I tried looking into other means (friends, family, school) but that hasn't worked out.

If anyone has any experience, information, hearsay or rumors about this LuLau company, please let me know.

I did a search on SDN and didn't get any good answers

Any info would be helpful

Thanks!!!!
I have plan to take exam too.let me know where do you live so we can study together.my email is [email protected]👍🙂👍
 
Hi guys I graduated from dental school a couple of years ago and I am prepping to take the WREB exam early next year

I am looking into Lu Lau dental services as a means to obtain patients for the exam. I tried looking into other means (friends, family, school) but that hasn't worked out.

If anyone has any experience, information, hearsay or rumors about this LuLau company, please let me know.

I did a search on SDN and didn't get any good answers

Any info would be helpful

Thanks!!!!

I used them for my recent NERB board exam. They are wonderful. Highly recommended if you have the money for it. The patients they provided me were ideal. Good lesions, easy to work on, etc. Heather or Lou will work with you instead of against you. The lesions normally are ideal enough that modifications are non-existant or minor at most (you never really know whats in there, but the x-rays are ideal 😀). If you have any questions regarding them you are free to ask
 
I can honestly say that Lu Lau Patient Finding Service is absolutely AWESOME!!! I have used her service and she is the most professional, caring person you will ever find. The patients that she picks rarely if ever get rejected. The organization is very helpful. I had spent my years putting peoples faces back together and totally lost site of the ways of the restorative world. I did tutoring with her husband. He whipped me into shape and I was able rock the boards. If you have the opportunity to take it. DO IT!!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am going to be taking the Florida board exam in March and was thinking about using Lu Lau's services to obtain patients for the exam. I've heard only great things about her company and pateints that she has provided for friends of mine that have used her company.
Any other FL board takers in March thinking about using her company?
 
She is reliable, however quite expensive. If I need to use a service I do not mind using her which I did when I took the WREBs in So Cal.

I used other services in Florida for the Florida State Board and it was not as good as her.
 
It was the most horrible experience ever. I think it is the biggest mistake that I did. They really do not deliver on what they promise. They really don't give you the radiographs till probably 2 days before the exam. This caused lot of stress before exam. Getting good patients is just luck. If something happens they just blame us. The lesions that they provided were no where near to ideal. The initial lesion that they gave me was very small, inspite of telling multiple times that it is not going to get accepted they promise you saying that patient's cavity is visible clinically. They ended up rejecting that lesion during exam. Initially they said that if we don't like the lesion they will change it before the exam. But that did not happen. The next case that they gave was huge. Had to take multiple modifications to complete the restoration. I almost had pulp exposure due to deep caries. The guy who talks on the phone is such a sweet talker. Once you pay them he just becomes busy all of a sudden and does not have time to take our calls anymore. I would never use this agency again ! :bang:.
 
Also, the lady u talk to is a complete bitch. One of my friends recently hired their services and when he spoke to her, her response was "I don't have time to explain this to u. I cant deal with you anymore." His question was "What do I do if I the patient doesn't qualify?" He ended up not using their services.
 
Hi! I just took the WREB at USC this past weekend (8/14/2015 - 8/17/2015) using Lu Lau's services. I was re-taking the entire clinical exam after failing endo and perio in May. With this exam being one of the last WREB exams for the year, the majority of us taking the exam were re-taking it, and Lu Lau was definitely overwhelmed with students and patients. Despite all of this, I had a really good experience with my patients and the lesions they picked out for me. Both lesions were accepted, neither of which required modification requests. I also did not pay the additional fee for "specific lesions" (i.e. specific tooth and site) and still received ideal lesions.

I also did not receive the radiographs until the day before the exam, which was definitely a bit frustrating, but I believe they were trying to manage about 20 - 30 dental students and radiographs for 60+ patients, so I understand their delay.
 
Last edited:
It was awesome experience in my case. Their office is in downtown LA. I went to their office and saw my patient for WREB in one of their dental chairs with their help and had time to evaluate the pt's mouth and radiographs prior to my exams. It was 2-3 days before my actual exams. Btw, I took WREB at USC and it was my second try.

Honestly, I really like their office. The wide view through its windows is great. Very comfortable and relaxing atmosphere in the office!! Dentists including Dr. Lu herself were also very nice. When I made a visit, there were also a lot of patients in their waiting area.

The leison was ideal class III. Patient arrived on time with their escort.

I also had good, fast responses from them whenever I asked any questions. Mr. Lau was really helpful throughout the period.

I would strongly recommend this service unless you are taking your exams at your own colleges ($$).