Lumbar Puncture

Started by neuronick
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

neuronick

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I looked at a few books and searched online, but could not find the answer to this. I was asked today what the average opening pressure should be on a SEATED LP. Not lateral. decubitus. Also wanted to know what upper range pressure should be considered high in the seated position. Most places I look quoted the 20cm H2O mark and then stated "only valid in the lateral decubitus". Any ideas? Thanks for any help.
 
In the seated normal patient the opening pressure should rise to approximately the level of the foramen magnum. However, if you really care about the opening pressure, you should probably lay them down.