• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

rushang

10+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
are lysosomes found in both, plant and animal cell ?

Looking at the campbell book, it says lysosomes are not found in plant cell but looking at DESTROYER qn 192, its one of the right answer...c

can some1 explain this...thanks...!!

HurricaneAlana

10+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2007
Long Island
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
haha I actually looked up that question yesterday... after checking a few googled sources they all said the lysosomes help distinguis animal cells from plant cells, because they are RARE in plant cells (not that they DON'T have em)..

of course internet isn't the best source, so if anyone has more accurate info, please share :)

Saied

10+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
okay im taking ap bio so i know a bit of stuff. i looked in my book just to make sure and it says all animal and plant cells have lysosomes but the prokaryotes dont have any. lysosomes are enztnes that digest organic compounds(im sure u knew that)

good luck. i suggest u buy one of those ap bio books. i have mc Graw hill 5 steps to a 5. very good book.:)

About the Ads

Dencology

10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
yes. if you pay attention, lysosomes are Membrane bond organell (MBO). so off course Prokaryotes don't have Lysosomes. Eukaryotes and plants do have Lysosomes.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.