M.S Programs in Texas that don't require GRE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CenteredDoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long story short: I'm an M.D trying to pad my research resume. I'm looking for a 2 year Masters program in Biomedical Sciences, to start this Fall. Does anybody know of a program in Texas that doesn't require GRE?

Members don't see this ad.

A better use of your time would be a postdoc in a basic or translational lab. Preferably with a PI that has a track record of training MD fellows

A better use of your time would be a postdoc in a basic or translational lab. Preferably with a PI that has a track record of training MD fellows

UTHealth Houston has a dedicated Masters program for MD fellows. The only thing is they require GRE, and I'm looking for a program that doesn't require GRE.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck with that. I can't think of any legitimate programs that don't require at least the general GRE (except probably internal MS as part of a BS/MS program).

Overall the general GRE is just another hoop to jump through, it's not particularly hard unless you want an insanely high score (inquire if they have minimum cutoffs). If it's too much effort then I say skip it, a formal degree is not the only way to get research experience. Though since you are trying to resume pad, I guess it'll ultimately come down to how badly you want it.

Reactions: 1 user
There are several MPH programs from UT Houston with additional locations at other campuses of UT System Health schools like in San Antonio. There is also a Master in Sciences in Clinical Investigation (MSCI) at several UT System schools.

yeah, the GRE isn't something to be afraid of.

also don't a lot of grad prgrams have application dealines that have already passed for a fall start?