Mac Compatible GRE Practice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mplsgirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted this question in the GRE thread, but thought I might start a new one just in case there are a lot of responses. I am preparing to take the GRE next month, and am wondering if there is a Mac compatible form of the GRE computer-adaptive practice tests? I would much rather practice using the CAT rather than paper, but only have immediate access to a Mac. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I posted this question in the GRE thread, but thought I might start a new one just in case there are a lot of responses. I am preparing to take the GRE next month, and am wondering if there is a Mac compatible form of the GRE computer-adaptive practice tests? I would much rather practice using the CAT rather than paper, but only have immediate access to a Mac. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Boot windows on it.

I'm not aware of one. The Power Prep software from ETS is given on the PC because that is the platform that the actual GRE is given on.

You might have better luck using a Windows emulator on your Mac. I don't know much about them as I am a PC user, but I've heard of many Mac users using them to run PC-based programs.

There's a program known as "Wine" that can run Windows applications on Unix-style operating systems (e.g., the newest Mac OS, Linux). It can be a little difficult to set up, but might work for you. Google for help if you need it (I would help, but I don't know much about it more than installation, and there are very good tutorials/wikis online for it).