Technology MacBook Air v MacBook Pro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fab4fan

TiredRetiredRN
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going back to school to one of those evil online programs to finish my BSN. I don't think my MacBook is going to be up to the task; it has a few problems, and I don't want it to conk out on me in the middle of a course.

I'll have to add M/S Office due to school requirements.

What's your suggestion, and why?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't see a reason to get a Macbook Pro for school; you don't need any of the extras. If you want to spend the extra money for personal reasons, do it. A normal Macbook (and hundreds of much cheaper PCs of equal quality) will suffice for school and basically anything a normal person would use a laptop for.

Well, I walked into the apple store, and I'm not sure what happened after that. I just know I walked out with a MacBook Pro, and a copy of M/s Office to install.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I walked into the apple store, and I'm not sure what happened after that. I just know I walked out with a MacBook Pro, and a copy of M/s Office to install.

and your wallet >1000 bucks lighter to boot.

Must've been the Reality Distortion Field®. ;-)

I got a MacBook Air about two weeks ago and I like it better than the old MacBook pro I replaced it with.

Once residency starts I'm going to get a Apple Thunderbolt Display, MacMini, Apple TV to set up a home workstation while I have the macbook air for portability and on the go travel