Technology MacBook Air v MacBook Pro

Started by fab4fan
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fab4fan

TiredRetiredRN
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going back to school to one of those evil online programs to finish my BSN. I don't think my MacBook is going to be up to the task; it has a few problems, and I don't want it to conk out on me in the middle of a course.

I'll have to add M/S Office due to school requirements.

What's your suggestion, and why?
 
I don't see a reason to get a Macbook Pro for school; you don't need any of the extras. If you want to spend the extra money for personal reasons, do it. A normal Macbook (and hundreds of much cheaper PCs of equal quality) will suffice for school and basically anything a normal person would use a laptop for.
 
Well, I walked into the apple store, and I'm not sure what happened after that. I just know I walked out with a MacBook Pro, and a copy of M/s Office to install.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, I walked into the apple store, and I'm not sure what happened after that. I just know I walked out with a MacBook Pro, and a copy of M/s Office to install.

Must've been the Reality Distortion Field®. ;-)
 
I got a MacBook Air about two weeks ago and I like it better than the old MacBook pro I replaced it with.

Once residency starts I'm going to get a Apple Thunderbolt Display, MacMini, Apple TV to set up a home workstation while I have the macbook air for portability and on the go travel