Made Ridiculously Simple books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Optimistic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just finished micro and I loved the Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple and notice they make books for other subjects.

Anybody recommend them or hate them? I'm going to be taking neuroanatomy, pharm, neurology, and pathoology next block.

I know most people don't use books but I loved BRS for physio, Rohen for anatomy, CMMRS for Micro with the lippincott's flashcards, peter parham for immuno and obviously First Aid. I already own Goljan rapid review for path but have not opened it. For a student who likes some higher yield books what would you recommend for me for this block?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

So I just finished micro and I loved the Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple and notice they make books for other subjects.

Anybody recommend them or hate them? I'm going to be taking neuroanatomy, pharm, neurology, and pathoology next block.

I know most people don't use books but I loved BRS for physio, Rohen for anatomy, CMMRS for Micro with the lippincott's flashcards, peter parham for immuno and obviously First Aid. I already own Goljan rapid review for path but have not opened it. For a student who likes some higher yield books what would you recommend for me for this block?

Thanks!

Neur MRS is good, but it's brief. It's the kind of book you could read in a day or two before the class starts and you'd have a decent overview.

Micro is the best in the series.

Path is dealers choice. Read what feels comfortable (brs and Goljan are equivalent but different stylistically). We used the power points a lot. Do as many practice questions as you can - that will be the difference. Get Robbins review of path by klatt. It's money. Also, see if your school has a subscription to webpath. That's an online qbank. There's a free version. I think through Utah, but the purchased one has more questions. If your school doesn't have it, I wouldn't spend the money.

Pharm is just memorization. Find someone with notes from a previous year.

Also, get the whole year subscription to uworld and do it as you go. That worked for me.

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks!

None is even close to the micro one, and you will likely feel ripped off. A couple will have you feeling like they simply made the subject ridiculously harder. I would only buy ones where you have good personal recommendations because a lot of us bought a bunch and got burned.

None is even close to the micro one, and you will likely feel ripped off. A couple will have you feeling like they simply made the subject ridiculously harder. I would only buy ones where you have good personal recommendations because a lot of us bought a bunch and got burned.

^^ ditto. I <3'sd MicroMRS, bought physiology MRS thinking it would be just as bomber, but was .... underwhelmed. It was fine, but nothing great.