Magnacet: BS or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PHARMDhope2b

Future Reseacher
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So what do you guys think about magnacet? I think its a bunch of BS being that it only offer 75mg more of APAP and comes with a nice brand name copay.

What do you guys think?
 
So what do you guys think about magnacet? I think its a bunch of BS being that it only offer 75mg more of APAP and comes with a nice brand name copay.

What do you guys think?

Boooooo 👎

Don't we have enough oxycodone pain medications already? I would rather see a new opioid alternative instead.
 
Boooooo 👎

Don't we have enough oxycodone pain medications already? I would rather see a new opioid alternative instead.

I agree. I remember a big hassle with a patient's rx for Combunox. We didn't have it, they didn't want to pay the non-formulary copay....

Opana (oxymorphone IR and ER) as well as Fentora (fentanyl buccal tablets) are relatively new, though they cost quite expensive. Thirty Opana 10mg is around $150-$200😱, I think. Plus the oral bioavailability is only 10%.