Magoosh + Uworld

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Noblesse

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
To anyone who’s used Magoosh: I’ve heard that it covers the core essential topics for the MCAT. Do you think UWorld and the AAMC Qbank would be enough to fill in the content gaps?

Members don't see this ad.

It may be sufficient in terms of covering a broad range of topics. However, it won’t give you many “at bats” when trying to practice reasoning with passages for each topic that is covered. It’ll be up to you to gauge whether or not it is sufficient for your particular situation and time frame.

Reactions: 1 user
Attempts to answer questions correctly. Think of doing well on the mcat like hitting in the majors. You want to get as many attempts in as possible to increase the chances you answer the questions correctly on test day. The more problems you’ve seen chances are you’ve already made and learned from your mistakes.

Magoosh is ok for content, but I strongly disliked their practice questions/exams. The questions were really difficult in ways that were not similar to the actual exam & not helpful at all. Thus, I don't think Magoosh is worth the price... you can get similar level of content from Khan Academy + reading through a book set.