• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

autumn7

5+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I may have a dilemma about my mailing address...

I will be moving in Jan/Feb of 2018 (but do not yet know my new address). How important is your mailing address on doctoral applications, when most communications are via email?

Also, I would list a permanent address, but my parents are in the process of retiring, and have moved from our family home.

Has anyone else had this dilemma? What is the best way to handle mailing address changes, so close to application time?

MamaPhD

Psychologist, Academic Medical Center
10+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Psychologist
Don't forget to take advantage of mail forwarding services through USPS. That should keep you covered for several months so even if someone uses your old address, you'll be fine.

Reactions: 1 user

MAClinician

Masters level clinician
5+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Depending on how far away you move from your current home you could look into renting a P.O. Box too if there are any available.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.