Mailing address changes

Started by autumn7
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

autumn7

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I may have a dilemma about my mailing address...

I will be moving in Jan/Feb of 2018 (but do not yet know my new address). How important is your mailing address on doctoral applications, when most communications are via email?

Also, I would list a permanent address, but my parents are in the process of retiring, and have moved from our family home.

Has anyone else had this dilemma? What is the best way to handle mailing address changes, so close to application time?
 
Don't forget to take advantage of mail forwarding services through USPS. That should keep you covered for several months so even if someone uses your old address, you'll be fine.
 
Depending on how far away you move from your current home you could look into renting a P.O. Box too if there are any available.