Mailing Address Problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ZeroC0mbine

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I'm about to move really soon and I'm concerned about what I should do regarding the mailing address on my applications. I've already submitted everything to the schools, so now I'm pretty much waiting for any responses.

Should I notify all the schools I've applied to regarding my change of address or can I just use the post office's forwarding service. The way I see it is that the schools are probably too busy right now going over the applications so my request to change the mailing address right now might come as a hassle. If the mails from these school are not "non-forwarding" mails then it shouldn't be a problem. Has anyone dealt with this before or can offer some advices?

Thanks!
 
I would definintly call the schools to notify them of an address change because the post office has a delay between the time that you fill out the change of address to the actual time that your mail get forwarded. I don't think they're that busy that they can't do an update of your address.

HTH