Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Mailing Secondary Apps

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by sketchball, Aug 2, 2002.

1. sketchball

sketchball Junior Member

This may be a dumb question but..... In regards to mailing secondary apps, should we be worried what size envelope we are mailing it in. I'm using one of those standard fold a paper into thirds type of envelope, but should we be using those big envelopes so that you dont have to fold it?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrBravesgirl

DrBravesgirl Surgeon for a year

Resident [Any Field]
    hehe, it isn't dumb, i was wondering the same thing myself earlier this week. after a lot of thought, i finally just said screw it and folded everything into thirds and sent it in a standard envelope. i wouldn't imagine it would matter (unless you tried to squeeze it into one of those *really* tiny envelopes...or forgot to send the school their check ;))

4. calbears84

calbears84 professional baller

tufts specify which size u should use....read their secondary instructions.

5. WaitingImpatiently

WaitingImpatiently Long Member

For the ones that were only one or two sheets, I put them in a standard #10 envelope. More than a couple pages, I folded the pages ONCE and put them in a yellow envelope (probably 6"x9"). Some schools last year requested that I also print out my AMCAS and mail that to them, and for those, I used 9"x11" envelopes.

But I probably put more stamps than I needed to on all the envelopes! :laugh:

6. kaos

kaos Web Crawler

Resident [Any Field]
    You should always read instructions very carefully. I almost made the mistake of sending one application in folded in a regular letter envelope, but then I went back and re-read the instructions only to find that it specifically required a 9 X 12 one.

Good luck ;)