Major issues in pharmacy today and in the future....

Started by drugdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drugdoc

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Opinion - What do you believe is the main issue regarding pharmacy today? What do you think the main issue will be 10 years from now? Main issue meaning something that needs to be addressed/changed.....
 
Opinion - What do you believe is the main issue regarding pharmacy today? What do you think the main issue will be 10 years from now? Main issue meaning something that needs to be addressed/changed.....

Insurance reimbursement and ins ins ins. They make pharmacy into a joke. I actually had a doctor, yes the doctor himself, tell me that i should be the one who knows what is on the patients formulary. I should be the one calling the ins to see what is covered and whay is not. If I did that i would not get my work done. Retail is a joke, but i guess it comes with the territory. I am gonna look at my options.

Dr. M
 
hmmmm...I think you're looking for an answer to a potential interview question.

Have you tried the search function? There a whole threads devoted to this same question....most of us have commented before on those threads.

Come back if you can't find what you're looking for....but remember - they want to know what YOU think (not us - we're already in the business).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am actually interested in what current pharmacy students believe are the issues versus practicing pharmacists or incoming students. You all are the ones with the most access to current issues, since you have access to 100 other students as well as your professors, visiting professos and speakers, and student clubs and organizations, which those not in pharmacy school yet don't have access to.
 
Opinion - What do you believe is the main issue regarding pharmacy today? What do you think the main issue will be 10 years from now? Main issue meaning something that needs to be addressed/changed.....

I would say automatization of pharmacy services, but it's been on for 10-15 years and, for the most part, nothing has changed...
 
Well...hopefully, you'll get more student answers because these aren't the big ones.

I'm a practicing pharmacist, so I'll refrain....but hopefully some of the other students will chime in here....
 
I am actually interested in what current pharmacy students believe are the issues versus practicing pharmacists or incoming students. You all are the ones with the most access to current issues, since you have access to 100 other students as well as your professors, visiting professos and speakers, and student clubs and organizations, which those not in pharmacy school yet don't have access to.
Current students read both forums. Is this interview prep? School project?
 
I believe pharmacists do not masturbate nearly enough...that is a huge issue in the profession...on top of our 30 minute lunch breaks, I demand 10-15 minute bathroom breaks
 
I believe pharmacists do not masturbate nearly enough...that is a huge issue in the profession...on top of our 30 minute lunch breaks, I demand 10-15 minute bathroom breaks

hey, caverjet
who are you a girl or a guy? or you've just become one big masturbating machine 🙂 ?