Major Problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reet

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
guys i have a major problem ..........i had to confirm my addmission at bu by 3rd jan by depositing 3000$ ......sending it by registerd mail but i send fedex and it will reach by 4th jan... i called up the addmission office but it is closed till 6 jan please suggest wat should i do
reet

Members don't see this ad.

reet,
If they are really closed down, you don't have to worry about it too much - since they would get/open mails of 3rd and 4th Jan on 6th and it would/should really not matter to them if your mail was delivered on 3rd or 4th. The expiration date for the offer they would have mentioned depending on what date they were sending the letter to you.

Secondly, even if they are working on 3rd and didn't receive your check by the end of business of 3rd, they are not going to offer your place on the same day - and if at all they would do - they would do only on 4th.

Thirdly, mostly everyone would understand your situation and cannot give you such a big punishment for such a minor mistake. Not only that nobody would like to lose a better student.

Suggestions:
First you can leave voice-mail and drop e-mail to them - just in case they are working on weekends and not picking up phones etc. due to their workload.

Secondly you can call up FedEx and ask them to expedite the service so that they deliver it on 3rd itself.

Hope this helps!!

reet said:
guys i have a major problem ..........i had to confirm my addmission at bu by 3rd jan by depositing 3000$ ......sending it by registerd mail but i send fedex and it will reach by 4th jan... i called up the addmission office but it is closed till 6 jan please suggest wat should i do
reet

I think they look at the date when the parcel was mailed when they talk about the deadline. So if you have sent it today, you should be fine.

Incidentally, if they are closed till the 6th how come your deadline was the 3rd. I am assuming they have been closed sincec the 24th. In that case your deadline should have been the 24th and not the 3rd, since the 3rd is in the middle of the break.

Toothie, can you help out here?

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you so much akmount and BDS-DMD
..WILL FOLLOW UR ADVICE
they have also mentioned that acceptance letter should be send by registered mail...but i send it by fedex..
really tensed
reet

hii.what all documents do we have to actually send to confirm our cceptance?do we have to send in the sponser letter too?thanks.