major

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stac13

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im torn between majoring in psych or english but i am getting a minor in bio, any suggestions on my major?

Members don't see this ad.

stac13 said:
im torn between majoring in psych or english but i am getting a minor in bio, any suggestions on my major?

I'd say when in doubt, pick the stronger deparment. Which dept. has the most resources, the most acclaimed professors, etc. There's no difference between the two as far as medical school is concerned, although psych could offer some interesting research opportunity.

ADeadLois said:
I'd say when in doubt, pick the stronger deparment. Which dept. has the most resources, the most acclaimed professors, etc. There's no difference between the two as far as medical school is concerned, although psych could offer some interesting research opportunity.
Both departments are good at my school but i feel that english seems to be the more challenging major. I do agree that pysch could offer some interesting research opportunties but i dont want to be just another psych major...

Members don't see this ad :)
stac13 said:
Both departments are good at my school but i feel that english seems to be the more challenging major. I do agree that pysch could offer some interesting research opportunties but i dont want to be just another psych major...

Go with English then. You can always change your major.