major

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Cmot, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Cmot

Cmot Member
    7+ Year Member

I was looking through the majors OU offers and there is one called Health and Sports Sciences. Is anyone majoring in this or does anyone know what it is and what it consists of? If so would this be good for med. school? Never heard of before so I thought I might ask.

thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Smitty3L

Smitty3L Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    http://www.ou.edu/cas/hss/

Here is a page about the program. Lots of schools look favorably on humanities majors who have the aptitude for science. This is shown by the prereq classes and MCAT scores. You should also consider whether this is a major that you would use if you do not get into medical school.

I am majoring in Zoology- Biomedical Sciences. I lot of pre-med students at OU have this major. I decided on it because it is something that I would use if med school does not work out for me, even though I think that a humanities major would be better for applying to OU's college of medicene, which is where I am planning on attending.

4. Cmot

Cmot Member
    7+ Year Member

What jobs would be associated with a HSS degree?

5. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Athletic trainer?

6. pbehzad

pbehzad Faddayy
    7+ Year Member

Do something you like. Major really doesnt matter that much, if you do something unique then you have something cool to talk about at your interview. some of my friends at ou do psychology and some go into chemical engineering. i have heard that chem engineering has a pretty nice premed group. if you do health sciences maybe you could become athletic trainer meet up w/ Stoops. now that would be something else.