Major

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by dobryjr, May 16, 2008.

1. dobryjr

Pre-Pharmacy
    I am going to Temple for 2 year Pre-Pharmacy track. I'll have to declare a major and I don't know what's good. Biology? Chemistry? Physics? Any tips for getting into Pharmacy college?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Idesiretosling

Pharmacy Student
    Use the Search Function.

4. FruitFly

Moderator Emeritus

Moved to the pre-pharmacy forum.

5. UES Girl

Banned

Pharmacist

Personally I believe you should declare a liberal major. Here's my answer to a very similar topic that I have posted in another thread:

If anything you probably have a higher chance of getting in with a liberal degree - some schools ( UCSF, hmmm,hmmm )seem to almost prefer non-traditional non-science major students. I swear everybody I know who got accepted/interviewed there is either psychology, computer science, sociology or literture major.
    Remain a science major if you want to continue being an unwholesome not well-rounded geek but if you truly want to get somewhere in life I suggest you run to the registars office first thing tomorrow morning [​IMG]and switch to business.:laugh:

Personally, I should have majored in French - majoring in chemistry/biochemistry was the stupidest thing I've done ( too late now I guess.[​IMG]) Not only I would have fluently spoke the most beautifull language in the world, but I would have had a much easier time chatting up hot french guys in case if I ever needed too.[​IMG]

6. tharper14

tharper14 P1.5

Pharmacy Student
    Major in whatever you are interested in and you can get good grades in. Alternatively, you might want to major in something you can use for a job in case you don't get into pharm school.

7. acetyl

Pharmacy Student
    If you're doing pre-pharm. classes, who cares what your major is? I would pick chemistry, though.

8. CrazyFox

CrazyFox Ex-Pre-Pharmie

Pre-Pharmacy
    Pick whatever. I was undecided for a long time

9. Sparda29

Sparda29 En Taro Adun
    Pharmacist Classifieds Approved

Pharmacist
    French is most definitely not the most beautiful language in the world, that award goes to Germany.

10. UES Girl

Banned

Pharmacist
    I bet you neither dated somebody french nor you actually speak it. :(

11. cycloketocaine

Pharmacist
    German is not the most beautiful language by far.........my grandma speaks it fluently. There is a lot of hacking and over emphasizing.