Major

Started by dobryjr
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dobryjr

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am going to Temple for 2 year Pre-Pharmacy track. I'll have to declare a major and I don't know what's good. Biology? Chemistry? Physics? Any tips for getting into Pharmacy college?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am going to Temple for 2 year Pre-Pharmacy track. I'll have to declare a major and I don't know what's good. Biology? Chemistry? Physics? Any tips for getting into Pharmacy college?


Personally I believe you should declare a liberal major. Here's my answer to a very similar topic that I have posted in another thread:

If anything you probably have a higher chance of getting in with a liberal degree - some schools ( UCSF, hmmm,hmmm )seem to almost prefer non-traditional non-science major students. I swear everybody I know who got accepted/interviewed there is either psychology, computer science, sociology or literture major.
Remain a science major if you want to continue being an unwholesome not well-rounded geek but if you truly want to get somewhere in life I suggest you run to the registars office first thing tomorrow morning
Laie_76C.gif
and switch to business.:laugh:


Personally, I should have majored in French - majoring in chemistry/biochemistry was the stupidest thing I've done ( too late now I guess.
Laie_62B.gif
) Not only I would have fluently spoke the most beautifull language in the world, but I would have had a much easier time chatting up hot french guys in case if I ever needed too.
spruce_up.gif
__________________
 
Major in whatever you are interested in and you can get good grades in. Alternatively, you might want to major in something you can use for a job in case you don't get into pharm school.
 
I am going to Temple for 2 year Pre-Pharmacy track. I'll have to declare a major and I don't know what's good. Biology? Chemistry? Physics? Any tips for getting into Pharmacy college?

If you're doing pre-pharm. classes, who cares what your major is? I would pick chemistry, though.
 
French is most definitely not the most beautiful language in the world, that award goes to Germany.

I bet you neither dated somebody french nor you actually speak it. 🙁
 
French is most definitely not the most beautiful language in the world, that award goes to Germany.

German is not the most beautiful language by far.........my grandma speaks it fluently. There is a lot of hacking and over emphasizing.