-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Make fun of the new SDN
Started by StartingoverVet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
E
Escalla
As TT pointed out elsewhere.....there is no 
So this is all bittersweet.
I wonder if we should start a petition? hehe.
EDIT: Nooooo! They subbed that smiley in for *meanie*! It's just not the same....
I want the :cry: one back to express my feels on the subject.
So this is all bittersweet.

I wonder if we should start a petition? hehe.
EDIT: Nooooo! They subbed that smiley in for *meanie*! It's just not the same....
I want the :cry: one back to express my feels on the subject.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad

omg so happy
all I need now is
😢As TT pointed out elsewhere.....there is no
So this is all bittersweet.
I wonder if we should start a petition? hehe.
EDIT: Nooooo! They subbed that smiley in for *meanie*! It's just not the same....
I want the :cry: one back to express my feels on the subject.
you mean this one?
its there (apparently it is : cryi : )
E
Escalla
😢
you mean this one?
its there (apparently it is : cryi : )
Yayyyyyy!
😢
Wtf is a cryi? Who comes up with this stuff?
Personally I want the old eye roll smilie back. His look was perfect for expressing my irritation and sarcasm.
🙄 This guy just looks like he's having some kind of eyeball protrusion issue.
🙄 This guy just looks like he's having some kind of eyeball protrusion issue.
E
Escalla
I liked the old 😡 better too.
Am I missing something or is there no way to collapse the forum lists like you previously could? I am not used to having to scroll down so much to get to the vettie forum. It displeases me.
About damn time. I still refuse to use bookmarks, because I am a curmudgeon and do things my own way.
E
Escalla
I don't think anything more even needs to be said.
When I try to post from my phone, it looks like it's not posting . . . then when I sign on with my computer, I discover I've posted multiple times.
Seriously SDN, it has been more than two weeks and the new system still crashes even MORE than the old one did. I understand that it takes a little time to work out the kinks, but these are the sorts of things you're supposed to test before moving things over to a new system. 🙄
Seriously SDN, it has been more than two weeks and the new system still crashes even MORE than the old one did. I understand that it takes a little time to work out the kinks, but these are the sorts of things you're supposed to test before moving things over to a new system. 🙄
every time I check SDN, it changes...... -.-'
At least it is still here I guess.every time I check SDN, it changes...... -.-'
@Lee
Please bring back the features to see how many times someone posted on a thread. And to review those posts by clicking the number.
Appreciate you guys are trying to improve things.
Even if we complain we still love ya!
Please bring back the features to see how many times someone posted on a thread. And to review those posts by clicking the number.
Appreciate you guys are trying to improve things.
Even if we complain we still love ya!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i didnt know that used to exist! weird@Lee
Please bring back the features to see how many times someone posted on a thread. And to review those posts by clicking the number.
Appreciate you guys are trying to improve things.
Even if we complain we still love ya!
I may be dumb, but I can't figure out how to quote a post now. HELP!
Just hit "reply" at the bottom of the post you wish to quote... It will quote the post below in the response box.
Just hit "reply" at the bottom of the post you wish to quote... It will quote the post below in the response box.
Oooh thanks DVMD 🙂
I STILL can't send PMs and it is frustrating me to no end. Can't even PM @Lee to let him know of this problem.
When I try to post from my phone, it looks like it's not posting . . . then when I sign on with my computer, I discover I've posted multiple times.
I'm having this issue on my computer now too. Anyone else experiencing this?
I'm having this issue on my computer now too. Anyone else experiencing this?
Yeah, sometimes it posts right away and sometimes it won't show up that is posted, but if I refresh the page it's there. Really annoying. I've seen loads of double posts lately so I know it's not just us. I guess if in doubt, refresh your page after every time you hit "post reply". Normally it will save your last reply you typed, so at least if you have the refresh and it didn't post, you won't have to retype everything.
I'm guessing poor Lee is inundated with problems and complaints. Kind of giving up at this point. Maybe it will improve in 3014
thought about correcting the year in my previous post, but hell, maybe it is appropriate.
thought about correcting the year in my previous post, but hell, maybe it is appropriate.
I didn't even consider that was a typo, I just thought that was what you meant.
E
Escalla
Not sure if anyone else is finding this....but my mobile notifications are seriously anywhere from 20 mins to 2 hrs behind the event. PM notifications are the worst it seems.
I always appreciate the few moments in a row that we get where PMs send smoothly. It's like a wave of relief every time. 😛
I always appreciate the few moments in a row that we get where PMs send smoothly. It's like a wave of relief every time. 😛
I think they should go back to "PMs" instead of conversations, cause PMs actually worked.
E
Escalla
I think they should go back to "PMs" instead of conversations, cause PMs actually worked.
They're great for modding....pain for group discussions....but I would trade back if that meant having something workable.
and I just got notification for a PM sent 2.5 hrs ago. Thanks phone?
Why is my phone app telling me that I have not participated in any threads and says that I have never made any posts....?
Why is my phone app telling me that I have not participated in any threads and says that I have never made any posts....?
Because SDN has alzheimers currently.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just realized I can't search from my phone anymore. 🙁 Can someone bump that thread about SDN member get togethers or whatever it was? I would be very appreciative.
I just pulled up the app on my phone and got a pop up message that said the following: Feeding the hamsters...one second. And then an OK button.
Whaaa?
Haha yeah, those pop up whenever they are doing some really short update. "reticulating splines" "changing the hamster wheels" "feeding the hamsters" Been a couple others, too.
what is all this idgi
Maybe it's just me, but I still haven't figured out the point of the little mini avatars next to every thread. I don't have every single user's avatar memorized, so there's really no point to putting the OP's avatar there, I'm not going to know who it belongs to. And I already know which threads I've posted in, so putting my avatar next to those threads is pointless too. It looks weird and I don't understand the purpose of it.
i like the couple of animated ones that are on there - that looks cool (and makes me think of harry potter)Maybe it's just me, but I still haven't figured out the point of the little mini avatars next to every thread. I don't have every single user's avatar memorized, so there's really no point to putting the OP's avatar there, I'm not going to know who it belongs to. And I already know which threads I've posted in, so putting my avatar next to those threads is pointless too. It looks weird and I don't understand the purpose of it.
E
Escalla
Maybe it's just me, but I still haven't figured out the point of the little mini avatars next to every thread. I don't have every single user's avatar memorized, so there's really no point to putting the OP's avatar there, I'm not going to know who it belongs to. And I already know which threads I've posted in, so putting my avatar next to those threads is pointless too. It looks weird and I don't understand the purpose of it.
See I know all the regulars' avatars pretty well....so it's handy for me as a quick reference. If it's a lesser known person, then I agree, sort of pointless.
WW is the reason though. I'm not a stalker, promise. 😛
Yeah actually I can tell who people are by their avatar before I read their username in a thread so I actually like that feature. And f'd if I remember what threads I posted in. That one can stay.
Speaking of avatars, where are everyone's? We all have question marks or gender symbols instead? I got to know everyone by their avatars and now I'm all 😕
New sdn can't keep up with my typing on my tablet. 🙁 I hhhhhhhhave to type in sllow motion or I only get one word, or no spaces or something.
New sdn can't keep up with my typing on my tablet. 🙁 I hhhhhhhhave to type in sllow motion or I only get one word, or no spaces or something.
It lags on my computer, too.
On the app, the avatars are temporarily not showing. If you're unable to see them on the regular site, let me know.Speaking of avatars, where are everyone's? We all have question marks or gender symbols instead? I got to know everyone by their avatars and now I'm all 😕
That's weird. What OS and browser are you using? I'll test that.It lags on my computer, too.
I was wondering when you would discover this thread. 🙁That's weird. What OS and browser are you using? I'll test that.
I've been following it. I think I posted in it last month too.I was wondering when you would discover this thread. 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's weird. What OS and browser are you using? I'll test that.
Windows Vista and Chrome. Never had this issue before the move.
Haha @StartingoverVet Lee's posted in this thread before. 😉
reading comprehension fail.
Windows Vista and Chrome. Never had this issue before the move.
It's got to be the text editor script. I haven't seen this issue with Chrome, but I haven't tried Chrome on Vista. Try clicking the wrench icon to the top right of the text entry box - that will disable the rich text editor. Let me know if it resolves the issue.
Yup, that was it. Any easy way to fix that, or will I always have to disable/enable for every post? (I use emoticons and the formatting buttons a lot)
Similar threads
L
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
L
H
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 329
H
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 202
E
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 2K
A
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 895
A
yayyyyyyyy
