Make sure you call ALL the schools you applied to!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Generallee

NYUCD 2010
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just decided to call some schools that I haven't heard anything from to see if they even received my application from AADSAS. Well, the two schools that I called, Ohio State and Arizona, stated that they did receive my application and they said an email should have been sent to me. Of course, I didn't receive the email and they re-sent it to me today.

Arizona actually sent me an email for filling out their secondary application. I asked the admissions lady when they originally sent the email and she told me the first week of August! :eek: As you know, right now is END OF SEPT! And.... Arizona is on rolling admissions! Man, I wish I would have called them sooner so I could have submitted my supplemental earlier.

Does anyone know if Arizona sends secondaries to every applicant? (Forgive me if this was answered in another thread... I didn't do a search)

Point being.... Make sure you call ALL your schools that you applied to and make sure they received your application! If they didn't receive your app or you didn't receive their invitation to fill out a secondary, then it was pointless to have applied early!!! Like me!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Arizona's weird! i applied there and i didnt get the email. i got the link from my friend to fill out the secondary. they said it should have been sent to me also.

Generallee said:
I just decided to call some schools that I haven't heard anything from to see if they even received my application from AADSAS. Well, the two schools that I called, Ohio State and Arizona, stated that they did receive my application and they said an email should have been sent to me. Of course, I didn't receive the email and they re-sent it to me today.

Arizona actually sent me an email for filling out their secondary application. I asked the admissions lady when they originally sent the email and she told me the first week of August! :eek: As you know, right now is END OF SEPT! And.... Arizona is on rolling admissions! Man, I wish I would have called them sooner so I could have submitted my supplemental earlier.

Does anyone know if Arizona sends secondaries to every applicant? (Forgive me if this was answered in another thread... I didn't do a search)

Point being.... Make sure you call ALL your schools that you applied to and make sure they received your application! If they didn't receive your app or you didn't receive their invitation to fill out a secondary, then it was pointless to have applied early!!! Like me!!!

Hello General,
I'm not sure if they send secondaries to everyone but I do know that I found their email in my "Junk mail" box just by chance! I have a friend that this also happend to. It took him about a month to find the secondary application. I guess the good news is that they do everything online so
you can finish off that application soon and hopefully hear back from them soon as well. They just started interviews so you should be good! Best of luck to ya!

Members don't see this ad :)
Lostinbul said:
Hello General,
I'm not sure if they send secondaries to everyone but I do know that I found their email in my "Junk mail" box just by chance! I have a friend that this also happend to. It took him about a month to find the secondary application. I guess the good news is that they do everything online so
you can finish off that application soon and hopefully hear back from them soon as well. They just started interviews so you should be good! Best of luck to ya!

Thanks Lostinbul,

The problem is.... I don't have a junk mail folder! Oh well, I just gotta live with it I guess...

Good advice...I called UCSF wondering why I hadn't heard back. They said they sent me a postcard with the URL of their secondary on August 23rd, but for whatever reason I never got it. So I had them email me the link today...a month late!!

I also mentioned in another post that my Case application was sent to the medical school by accident. That whole screw-up cost me a month as well! :mad:

Chris125 said:
Good advice...I called UCSF wondering why I hadn't heard back. They said they sent me a postcard with the URL of their secondary on August 23rd, but for whatever reason I never got it. So I had them email me the link today...a month late!!

I also mentioned in another post that my Case application was sent to the medical school by accident. That whole screw-up cost me a month as well! :mad:

Yeah, I remember reading your post about Case. Man, I felt your pain! Those are the things that you fear when applying...Good luck to ya!

Just want to say that YES they do send secondary to all applicants. I missed their email the first time, too! Don't panic. Just try your best to write the two essays and turn them in asap. I just got an interview today.

thanks for the heads up Generallee.. we should have known the system always breaks down somewhere along the line..

Hi,
AADSAS just submitted my app. today. When would it be a good time for me to call the schools to see if my file is complete? I'm thinking of waiting at least 1-2 weeks b/c that's when they'll receive my apps. I don't want to be a pest and call too soon, but at the same time, I don't want to find out a month later that my file is missing something... :confused:

Hi! I was hoping you could share the UCSF secondary essay questions with us. I applied really late and it would be nice to have those essays ready to go in case I get lucky enough to get a secondary from them! Thanks!

MissingPolaris said:
Just want to say that YES they do send secondary to all applicants. I missed their email the first time, too! Don't panic. Just try your best to write the two essays and turn them in asap. I just got an interview today.

sunnymeliss said:
Hi,
AADSAS just submitted my app. today. When would it be a good time for me to call the schools to see if my file is complete? I'm thinking of waiting at least 1-2 weeks b/c that's when they'll receive my apps. I don't want to be a pest and call too soon, but at the same time, I don't want to find out a month later that my file is missing something... :confused:

Yeah, you're wise. I would call in 2 weeks...