I just wasn't sure how someone would have a hand on a cat's scruff and on both the hindlegs... while simulataneously holding off a vein.
Reminds me of a story...
I worked for a short time for a vet who was absolutely horrible to work for. Would yell for no reason, chastise someone if a cage was dirty (regardless if you were working on something else and/or just finished cleaning the cages), was OCD and expected everyone else to follow those idiosyncrasies.
Well, I was told to go take blood from a dog with the other tech - the other tech was on a house call and I told the vet that. Said "Ok". About 5 minutes later I got yelled at for eating when the blood hasn't been drawn yet? Was like, WTF?! Ok
So I go a start taking blood by myself - used a tourney to hold off vein, cradled dog (very friendly pit), and positioned for the stick... then just waited... waited till the vet came into the room (no client).
When the vet came in, yelled at me. I shouldn't be doing this by myself, I could get bitten. So irresponsible of me... blahh blahh blahh.
Well, I just snapped. Got in the vets face. Said you told me and just got done yelling at me to get it done. "You knew I was the only tech". Mix of rage and passive aggressiveness on my part.
After that, I got left alone. Was the only time that vet ever apologized to a tech (so im told). Gave my 2 weeks a month later... erghh - hated that place.