Making Money?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gottamakeit

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
O.K. I have a question? How much money do they take out of your residency paycheck to pay back student loans? Say that you are $100,000 in student loan debt....?How much do they take each paycheck to pay the loans back?

Members don't see this ad.

Who is they and what do you mean by "take out"? You are responsible for your loan payments and the amount you pay is arranged between you and your lender (and depends on rate and time). For 100k and as a resident, you should qualify for economic hardship, which would mean you shouldn't pay for anything...

gottamakeit said:
O.K. I have a question? How much money do they take out of your residency paycheck to pay back student loans? Say that you are $100,000 in student loan debt....?How much do they take each paycheck to pay the loans back?

I noticed you have posted in this in 2-3 other places. Keep in mind that you are not allowed to make multiple duplicate posts.

With that being said, you do not pay back loans until you complete residency. You defer or forbear.

Maybe the "they" the poster talks about is the residency mafia. I hear they are really tough on interns. Make 'em pay back at least 75% of their loans the first year. Hope they don't find me ;) .

ekydrd said:
Maybe the "they" the poster talks about is the residency mafia. I hear they are really tough on interns. Make 'em pay back at least 75% of their loans the first year. Hope they don't find me ;) .

but you have to admit those concrete shoes are pretty stylish

DW3843 said:
but you have to admit those concrete shoes are pretty stylish

Yeah, I hear they come in lots of colors too.

OSUdoc08 said:
With that being said, you do not pay back loans until you complete residency. You defer or forbear.

Not necessarily true. Some of us with a second (non-resident) income are paying back our loans already. ;)

Amy said:
Not necessarily true. Some of us with a second (non-resident) income are paying back our loans already. ;)

It looks like it was a choice on your part.

But tell me, is this second income from moonlighting, or something completely different?

OSUdoc08 said:
It looks like it was a choice on your part.

But tell me, is this second income from moonlighting, or something completely different?

It's from my (debt-free) husband. ;)