Making that jump from 30's to high 30's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unleash500

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im starting to get quite frustrated at my consistent 30-32's on practice tests. Usually 10-11 BS, 10 VS , and 10-11 PS
Can someone give me some advice on how to study please? I want to reach 35+ but I have no idea how.

A more general question would be what the heck is the difference between someone who gets 30's vs someone who gets 35's?

Members don't see this ad.

Make sure your content knowledge is solid -- review any weak subjects... aside from that, it's just practice.

The difference between someone who gets a 30 and someone who gets a 35? All else being equal, sometimes it's just pure luck -- what's tested on a particular day and what's not.

Why is it that ive practiced with all 3-10 aamc tests and still did not improve in any of my scores? Is that not enough practice?

I have been reviewing the results of my practice tests and understanding why I get certain questions wrong , but still no change in my score.

How should I be reviewing over my mistakes on practice tests?

Why is it that ive practiced with all 3-10 aamc tests and still did not improve in any of my scores? Is that not enough practice?

I have been reviewing the results of my practice tests and understanding why I get certain questions wrong , but still no change in my score.

How should I be reviewing over my mistakes on practice tests?

I was in the exact same boat as you. I was scoring consistent 32s on my practice AAMCs, with no variation at all in the composite score. I went over every single question on the AAMCs after I took them, even those that I got right. Still no change. I took the real test on 9/6 still scoring 32s on my AAMCs.

I don't know, if your test is 9/13, I don't think there is anything that you can do. Your score is not going to shoot up magically to 35+ overnight. Just hope you perform as well on the real deal as the practice AAMCs, and hopefully you will come out with a 32-33 (which are great scores by the way).

If your test date is January or beyond, I'd say do a more thorough content review, and practice even more practice tests, maybe from third-party companies.

the difference between a 32 and a 36 is literally a few questions. Check the AAMC raw/scaled conversion chart. Go back to your raw scores, pretend you got 2 more questions right on each section, and see what your score would've been. I guarantee it'll be 2-3 points higher. Honestly, when you start scoring in the mid-30's it really is only a difference of a few questions.. so make sure you know your stuff!