Making the choice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Buckyball

Play with my "Buckyballs"
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone. I have a question about choosing a dental school.

I've been accepted to Boston U., Columbia, and Nova Southeastern. If any of you know of these schools, or have interviewed there, which would you suggest is the better of the schools and why?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I did not apply to Columbia, so I am not sure what it is like, but I do like BU. I had a really good interview experience there. I love Boston, the faculty seemed really friendly, I like the new building and sim center, and I really like the APEX program. The only thing I did not like about Boston is the price. I applied to Nova, but declined my interview. I heard it is nice there, but if you plan on practicing in FL, I don't think Nova is the place to go. Apparently, since it is a new school, it doesn't have a good reputation among FL residents. I am sure that it is a great school though....I think any school you choose will produce a good dentist. (Oh yeah, I don't like the dress code at Nova either). But I have not been there or to Columbia, so I can really only tell you about BU and I really liked it there.

Thanks for your reply. I agree with Nova's dresscode, although the school was state-of-the-art. Boston was advanced as well, although the pricetag is very high!

Does anyone else have any other thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
I really liked BU too
the programs sound great and the faculty were cool too.
i'm debating whether to put down my $2000 deposit or not though because the school is very $$
:confused:

What is the dresscode for Nova?

the dress code states that a male should be wearing dress pants, dress shirt and tie, and the white coat you are given. On my interview there it seemed that this is lightly inforced I would say 90 %of the students I saw where wearing scrubs and the white coat.