Technology Making the Switch - Win to Mac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hey southerndoc, I've been looking into swiching lately as well. Although I haven't yet switched over, I found this while I was looking around:

http://www.apple.com/switch/howto/move2mac/

It looks like it will import Outlook stuff into the address book. It might be a bit pricey at $50US, and there may well be an easier way, but I thought I'd just throw this out there.
 
The way I got my contacts and calendar info switched was just to sync my Palm device with my Mac, which I had previously been syncing with my Windows box (which only gets turned on once in a long while these days).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
southerndoc said:
I have to say, I'm very disappointed at Quicken for Mac. Microsoft Money was much better. I couldn't import my accounts, and it doesn't manage my 403(b) retirement account.

So I guess I'll keep the Windoze computer around for something afterall.

you might try running microsoft money in virtual pc.
 
I just recently made the switch as well. The only frustrating thing I found is that when I got my Palm, I found even Epocrates didn't have a program that could be downloaded on a Mac. (Finally they got Essentials on a Mac Platform and I bought it). Now I am looking for other med programs that might be FREE that I could download. Any ideas? I tried searching the forum for this topic but had no luck. Thought I would try you guys out here...
Thanks!