Male Body Piercings

Started by ahellwig
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ahellwig

The Brain is Beautiful
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently on the path to hopefully become a neurosurgeon, and I am in high school. My question is, are body piercings highly frowned up on in the medical field? I currently have my lobes at 14ga that I plan on stretching to around 6ga. The next thing I was thinking of getting would either be my septum/tongue/lip with a vertical labret/or an apadravya. Are these frowned up on?
 
Last edited:
post-19287-Zooey-Deschanel-sad-New-Girl-J-VhQm.gif
 
Shows a lack of discipline, impulse-control, professionalism, and self-esteem.

I am currently on the path to hopefully become a neurosurgeon, and I am in high school. My question is, are body piercings highly frowned up on in the medical field? I currently have my lobes at 14ga that I plan on stretching to around 6ga. The next thing I was thinking of getting would either be my septum/tongue/lip with a vertical labret/or an apadravya. Are these frowned up on?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently on the path to hopefully become a neurosurgeon, and I am in high school. My question is, are body piercings highly frowned up on in the medical field? I currently have my lobes at 14ga that I plan on stretching to around 6ga. The next thing I was thinking of getting would either be my septum/tongue/lip with a vertical labret/or an apadravya. Are these frowned up on?
Although the trauma associated with gauges can be surgically repaired, we can only hope that expert repairs of your other ehancements will be possible when you reach the age of reason.

Genitalia are not examined in the application process.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Okay serious reply:

Yes, they are looked down upon. Find some other way to express your individuality, because you're going to likely regret any permanent changes you make to your body in high school ten years from now. There's a reason why the doctors with these sort of things are few and far between. It's unprofessional.
 
I am currently on the path to hopefully become a neurosurgeon, and I am in high school. My question is, are body piercings highly frowned up on in the medical field? I currently have my lobes at 14ga that I plan on stretching to around 6ga. The next thing I was thinking of getting would either be my septum/tongue/lip with a vertical labret/or an apadravya. Are these frowned up on?

Don't gauge it to the point of no return. If you want face piercings make sure you dont have them when you are interviewing at schools. Tongue you could prolly keep and hide with a clear plastic piercing.

If you want to b pierced keep with things that are easily covered. Get ur nips or something.
 
You're thinking about this way too early. Enjoy being in high school now and when/if you get an interview invite, maybe you'll have taken them out. If not, you can buy the flesh colored plugs and hope no one notices.
 
As long as you can take your piercings out when it matters, sure go for it.

Except for the apadravya piercing, make sure that's always visible.
 
Wang piercings definitely bring to mind all of the personality traits I'd want in somebody operating on my brain.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Grade 8
Future Neurosurgeon

I lol'ed

Do we have a middle school SDN? Maybe an SDN nursery?
 
In addition, please consider that surgery, in particular, tends to be conservative. Piercings on females are barely tolerated outside of a single small ear(lobe) stud. This goes for a lot of fields outside medicine; facial piercings, tattoos, and other body modifications can, in some cases, render you less than fully employable.

As others have suggested, don't do anything that you can't cover up.
 
Last edited:
I'll chime in here. I had a lip ring in college and took it out the year before interviewing. I have my gauges currently at a 4 and they have caused me little problem thus far. However, I do wear nude ones on my clinical encounters and interviews. But definitely do not go past a 2 or 0. Like someone already said, they need to be able to grow back.