Malpractice - how long does it take to get it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PistolPete

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. From the day the application is submitted to the malpractice carrier, how long does it take to get malpractice insurance?
2. Is a practice address needed when one applies, or can that be provided later?
3. Which ones do people here recommend, and why? I'm seen PRMS and The Doctor's Company discussed frequently, but not others.

Members don't see this ad.

1. From the day the application is submitted to the malpractice carrier, how long does it take to get malpractice insurance?
2. Is a practice address needed when one applies, or can that be provided later?
3. Which ones do people here recommend, and why? I'm seen PRMS and The Doctor's Company discussed frequently, but not others.

1. Only takes a few days
2. They need the address of where you're working

Reactions: 1 user

1. Depends on the carrier - most of ours have a 24 hour turn around.
2. Yes, we would need the address on the application.
3. Depending on the specialty/need, and geographic location, I would make different recommendations.

Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine took 2 weeks to get, they are pleasant enough to deal with but sometimes slow.

I applied to MedPro and they never responded, not even after I sent them a follow up e-mail :shrug:

Mine took 2 weeks to get, they are pleasant enough to deal with but sometimes slow.

I applied to MedPro and they never responded, not even after I sent them a follow up e-mail :shrug:

Wow - their loss on not getting back to you!

Wow - their loss on not getting back to you!

Can you post some interesting psych-related malpractice case summaries, like you did on the anesthesiology forum? I'd be interested in:
establishing a doctor-patient relationship (i.e. via screening calls), informed consent, suicide, medication-related injury (such as tardive dyskinesia).