Manage this TikTok airway

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caligas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
gotta be AFOI no? Be nice to see a CT or something, or old records

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• IMG_9318.png
    IMG_9318.png
    361.3 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_9317.png
    IMG_9317.png
    341.9 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
There was a case like this in the NEJM a few years ago. Maybe not quite this jacked up, but close. They cannulated for ECMO first, and then did a topicalized FOBI, IIRC.

Reactions: 2 users
Agree, would want CT to better delineate anatomy, but patient has a patent airway that they use daily and nightly, presumably uneventfully. It’s not like it’s an expanding hematoma or angioedema. Pending CT, likely AFOI.

I am significantly more worried about how this patient gets safely positioned for anything done in supine. I’m guessing they only sleep in prone and lateral.

Reactions: 2 users
Agree, would want CT to better delineate anatomy, but patient has a patent airway that they use daily and nightly, presumably uneventfully. It’s not like it’s an expanding hematoma or angioedema. Pending CT, likely AFOI.

I am significantly more worried about how this patient gets safely positioned for anything done in supine. I’m guessing they only sleep in prone and lateral.
I was thinking the same thing. How are we positioning him for his ex-lap?

I was thinking the same thing. How are we positioning him for his ex-lap?

Maybe elevate the body on pads or bolsters and proneview or other prone face pad of choice. But it would have to be turned 180 deg.

Reactions: 1 user