managed care federal jobs

Started by baronzb
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

baronzb

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know anything about pbm jobs and getting federal work? Such as cms medicare jobs and how pharmacists get them? What experience is helpful.
 
PBMs are not federal/CMS Jobs?
PBM: do a managed care residency at a PBM
CMS Jobs: probably going to need a fellowship in this particular area, and possibly many years of experience
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PBMs are not federal/CMS Jobs?
PBM: do a managed care residency at a PBM
CMS Jobs: probably going to need a fellowship in this particular area, and possibly many years of experience
I assumed there were similarities between the two as both are managed care
 
I assumed there were similarities between the two as both are managed care


Most of what CMS pharmacists that I’m familiar with do is regulation enforcement, which is not really managed care as much as...regulatory enforcment.

There might be some pharmacists on the PBM side that are involved in a compliance department, but most managed care jobs are not similar to a regulatory job.
 
Most of what CMS pharmacists that I’m familiar with do is regulation enforcement, which is not really managed care as much as...regulatory enforcment.

There might be some pharmacists on the PBM side that are involved in a compliance department, but most managed care jobs are not similar to a regulatory job.

Could you give a list or run down for possible positions that a clinical pharmacist pbm person could transition to. Thank you.
 
Could you give a list or run down for possible positions that a clinical pharmacist pbm person could transition to. Thank you.


I’m not sure I follow the ask or what job information you’re looking for. Why are you asking? Do you work in managed care?
 
could you elaborate on the positions you listed and what background makes a candidate competitive? Thank you..