Management of splenic infarction

Started by Cadet133
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cadet133

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hear different thoughts on management. Some say just pain control others say anticoagulate them even though their cirrhotic. Assuming infarction is from hypercoagble state. Ll
 
I hear different thoughts on management. Some say just pain control others say anticoagulate them even though their cirrhotic. Assuming infarction is from hypercoagble state. Ll

How can you assume it’s from hypercoaguable state. It could be from decreased cardiac output or septic embolism
 
I hear different thoughts on management. Some say just pain control others say anticoagulate them even though their cirrhotic. Assuming infarction is from hypercoagble state. Ll
Fortunately this is GI, and the only time I have run into this is when ed/primary calls about persistent LUQ pain and I have to point out it's prob related to the splenic infarct on CT and I can't cure it with a scope and they should call someone else.....IE,vascular/heme consult. If you are referring to mesenteric disorders/thrombosis/PVT specifically ACG, released new guidelines on this earlier this year