Managing AF in the setting of a prolonged QTc interval?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkProtonics

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What drugs would be useful for managing AF in the setting of a prolonged QTc interval? I'm guessing diltiazem, verapamil, and digoxin, b/c I haven't seen any evidence that they do prolong the QTc interval from reading studies.

The reason I'm asking is b/c I'll be shadowing a cardiologist on Friday, and I want to bone up on my cardiac pharmacotherapy knowledge. He'll be teaching me all sorts of stuff over the next weeks, such as reading ECGs, TTEs, MUGAs, nuclear and non-nuclear stress tests, cardiopulmonary physiology, etc., lots of cool stuff.

Btw, what counts as a "prolonged" QTc interval, > 440 ms for men, and > 450 ms for women?

Thanks!
 
This a professional forum for the use of pharmacists and those who are enrolled in a pharmacy program.

The SDN forums are not the appropriate place to seek advice regarding diagnosis, treatment, or interpretation of medical tests.

Closing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.